Search results

1. PhilosoRaptor

Raptor 2 Build, second time around

Hello everyone, Last time I built up my Raptor 2 I didn’t make any sort of thread or mention of it until it was long since complete and running, see the long overdue mention here http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/more-than-two-wheels-/113893-homemade-kart-belated-intro.html#post954602 The...
  2. PhilosoRaptor

My Homemade Kart and belated Intro

Hi there OldMiniBikes! It has been awhile since I have posted anything so I thought a little update/introduction would be in order. Long time regular reader and browser of the site and I have learned so much from all of you and am thankful for being exposed to that knowledge and humbled by being able to...
  3. PhilosoRaptor

Starter Clutch high RPM Squeal

Me again... Well hopefully this is the last hurdle I have to encounter. When I first finished my Raptor 2 rebuild about a month ago things were going great. Until when on a run I heard a high pitched squeal coming from my engine. I immediately stopped and turned the engine off; the noise...
  4. PhilosoRaptor

Throttle Cable Travel

Hi everyone, Just getting the last bit of my build together. I was just wondering how much travel you are all getting from pulling/twisting your throttle mechanisms. Currently I have a brake lever cable that I use for a throttle, see picture below. I have switched to the raptor...
  5. PhilosoRaptor

Briggs Starter Recoil

Just finished assembling my bike after a complete teardown of my Raptor 2 engine. Loaded it up with a bunch of goodies: 94SS cam, billet flywheel, billet con-rod, .032 copper HG, the works. I have noticed that using the pull start takes a lot more effort and as soon as the engine catches and...
  6. PhilosoRaptor

Engine Cooling and Baffles

Hey everyone, Just wanted to run a quick question by everyone to hear all your thoughts and insights. What is your opinion of using engine baffles? I've in included a photo to help describe what exact parts I am talking about. I'm only asking because my stock Raptor has both pieces yet most...
  7. PhilosoRaptor

Valve Springs and Lifters

Well the time is coming for me to follow through and prepare for rebuilding my Raptor 3 engine with some high performing and reliable parts. I already have my mind set on an ARC billet flywheel, billet con rod, and the Dyno 94SS cam. Now where I am running into issues is finding a set of 20...
  8. PhilosoRaptor

Raptor Engine Identification Questions

Hey everyone, Once again a relative noob here seeking some advice. In my search for information on the internet regarding my Briggs and Stratton Raptor I have come across some conflicting info. Initially I was trying to figure out if I have the Kool Bore (aluminum) or the Cast Iron bore. Then...
  9. PhilosoRaptor

Tire Size And Rim Width

Hey guys, Relative noob here with a homemade frankenbike. Planning on going to a bigger sprocket on my rear axle to gain more acceleration. I'm getting a tad bit concerned about clearance as my current tire is a 13-5.00-6. I have a 4" wide rim at the moment and would prefer to use it when...
  10. PhilosoRaptor

Raptor 3 Flywheel

Hey guys Been reading up on the billet flywheels out there and how they are a great investment. I'm pretty much sold on getting one for my stock Raptor 3. Just wondering about the stock Raptor 3 flywheel and what it is constructed of? Because it is an un-governed engine and I've read about...
  11. PhilosoRaptor

Autometer Jr Dragster Tach and Intro

Hey everyone, Newbie to the forum here. Came across your site while looking for information on modding my B&S Raptor 3 engine. I have already found a great deal of information which is awesome. Back in high school I made a mini chopper from scratch and threw on my stock Raptor 3. Lately I...