Search results

1. B

New rupp rebuild

Ok got the rear wheel cleaned , fairly heavy rust, BUT, white vinegar does wonders, with a small brass brush. Easily done , without too much elbow grease, but damn it was hot yest. 95 , ok pick to follow in a little while.
  2. B

New rupp rebuild

OK, set the new motor in frame , looks like everthing lines up OK. But my driven looks symmetrical and the driver looks asymmetrical. These parts look orig. Driver says Fairbanks Morse, and the driven says rupp. My luck I prolly got a bunch of mismatched parts, so I may look into the comet 20...
  3. B

Lil' Indian Find

Wow, nice grab. Nice orig.cond. not butchered up.
  4. B

New rupp rebuild

Motor, I still need a pipe and can, and that will be it. For now.
  5. B

New rupp rebuild

Ya I got somethin goin on like that. Stage I kit came in today, got it in put on the motor, went to the rt. 66 auto paint store. I think prolly goin w/a high gloss red on the frame , tank, rear fender. Just as soon as I get this motor test fitted and know everything is goin to line up. Thank...
  6. B

New rupp rebuild

Trying to figger out where this slotted brake arm attaches to
  7. B

New rupp rebuild

Spoken like a true champion, right there Joe. Right on point.
  8. B

New rupp rebuild

Can't wait to fire this off. Oh I'm looking for a quality rattlecan paint. I have a decent compressor, guess I could buy a water trap and hvlp gun, but it's a mini bike, I'm not a painter. Anywho.
  9. B

New rupp rebuild

Was missing one jackshaft bearing, found one today at napa, rbi bearing I believe, $7.00 in stock. Started test fitting everthing, waiting for air cleaner adapter and filter and jet, should be here tomorrow. And looking for read fender and exhaust pipe. Prolly order those today.
  10. B

New rupp rebuild

Thank you danford already spent my $100.00 bill. Yes prefer a good ol USA made, or anything Japanese, but the h.f. store is in jtown mo. Just easy to walk in.but I have already got some feelers out for a second motor for next build. Hopefully a Briggs. .....cheers more pics in a bit.
  11. B

New rupp rebuild

Well sorry to disappoint Joshua.
  12. B

New rupp rebuild

Ya it's not ok to tip a predator, I believe the auto shutdown comes on sooner guys unhook them, but lots of these do have the pred. It's in the shed waiting on the stage I kit that I ordered. The roller came with the clutch/jackshaft/chain.
  13. B

New rupp rebuild

Lol it is my first post. I use to read a lot here. And this forum would not let me post anything.?? Bought this roller last wk. Got back on here still couldn't post finally figured out how to contact someone to fix it. Anywho this is what I'm working with.
  14. B

New rupp rebuild

Just picked this up last wk. will get a predator, came w/2 junky tecs, non orig. And is missing headlight. Thank is clean,