Search results

1. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Thank you guys! Sorry I haven’t been on in a while. Life has been keeping me busy. Still need to work out a solution for the brakes and I’m looking into a steering damper because it’s a bit twitchy at speed. Hopefully in the next month I’ll have some motor parts coming for a bit more power...
  2. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

3. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Hey guys! Just wanted to update the thread with the final result. The only thing still missing is brakes, which should be getting done soon. I’ve got some test rides in for the first stage of the build. Once the brakes are on, it’ll be time to start on motor mods.
  4. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Thanks!! I will take a better picture, but the bars I used are just a straight piece of 7/8 tube bolted to the top of the forks. Because of the rake, and the fact that I’m 6’4”, I would’ve needed a really tall ape hanger style bar to get above my knees. The only real alternative I had was to...
  5. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

It hasn’t been on the dyno. Right now it’s a box stock Hemi predator with the governor tuned to go as high as possible, a few minor carb tricks, an open header, a k&n air filter setup, and some very mild porting. Internally it’s stock. The plan is to a billet flywheel and rod, get the...
  6. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Thank you sir! I’m planning on doing a clutch brake for now because of a lack of room for an axle mounted drum. I actually got the sprockets and chain on it this morning and went for a little ride just to check everything out and make sure it all functions. As it sits, I doesn’t pull hard...
  7. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

It’s been a few since I’ve had time to post, but the bike is coming along really well. Fuel tank is mounted up, engine is in for the final time, jackshaft is in an ready for sprockets, and wheelie bar is adjusted to a good starting point.
  8. Dodgeboydan

OldMiniBikes Shop Notes

I use pieces of guitar and piano strings to clean out carburetor jets and passages
  9. Dodgeboydan

Minibike racing in Norwalk, Ohio

Man, I wish my bike was finished. I’m sure I will join you guys at some point this summer!
  10. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Got a lot done today. Exhaust is tacked and ready to be finish welded. Had a few color combos in my head for the engine, and I decided on doing the block, head, and side cover in wrinkle black as a nod to the old street Hemi valve covers. For the flywheel housing I went with a refrigerator white...
  11. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

So lastnight and today I got the tank sealed and painted, so I decided to start working on an exhaust since I has to be able to clear the tank. Since i couldn’t find an off the shelf exhaust that I liked, I decided to build my own. Found an old Honda exhaust in my barn and started chopping it...
  12. Dodgeboydan

Frustrated with vertical shaft Kawasaki exhaust!!

I can’t say I thought about crossing to another manufacturer. I’m going to do some research to see if I can find something close from a Briggs, kohler, or Tecumseh.
  13. Dodgeboydan

Frustrated with vertical shaft Kawasaki exhaust!!

Do any of you guys have any experience with Kawasaki’s. My Scag walk behind has an older FC420v single cylinder on it, which has been really reliable. Was mowing the other day and the pipe from the exhaust port to the muffler fell to pieces. Not a clue it was that rusted. On top of that...
  14. Dodgeboydan

Anyone seen a tool like this?

Only thing I can think is that it was to speed production times when two different threads were need. Like on opposite ends of a shaft. Interested if anyone else knows. Pretty cool find
  15. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Here’s Saturday’s update: I payed a visit to Bill (slywilliez) and picked up a few parts, one of which is a seat that’s in pretty good condition. The only hurdle to overcome was that there was paint overpray on the top and one side of the vinyl cover. I decided to start working to see if I...
  16. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Today’s update: Paint is dry and looks good to me as is, so I think I’ll skip the color sand and buff for the time being. Decide to work on getting some reassembly done so that I can figure out what more is needed for parts and check the final post paint fit. Everything went back together...
  17. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Thanks! The rear wheel is a Kart Racing setup. The wheel is a 5x5.5 VanK split rim and the tire is a 10x6-5 old Vega slick
  18. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Doing a Hemi Predator. Most likely mild for now, but who knows what the future holds. I see they make stroker cranks!
  19. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Thank you! I tried to get it nice and low, but still be completely rideable.
  20. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Hey guys. It’s been a long while since I posted. Life got in the way of me finishing my project, but I’m back and ready to finally finish this build. Back story: I was given this frame and forks by slywilliez about 6 years ago. The intent was to use a Honda CR80 2stroke for power, but it never...