Search results

1. sparkwizard

Having carb issues with HS 50 mini bike I just bought.

Yes, I got the HS40 backwards. Thanks for pointing that out.
  2. sparkwizard

ARC Billet flywheel

He stated he does have spark. Was your spark at the plug gap, or in a spark tester?
  3. sparkwizard

Engine surge

At full throttle with no chain on it, the governor will pull the throttle back, causing a sound that sounds like it is surging. Put it on the ground, hook it up and let us know if it still surges.
  4. sparkwizard

WTB Racing Kart Exhaust for Clinton Panter A400

PM sent
  5. sparkwizard

Fork tube sleeve replacement ideas

If outer tube is 1 in. OD, and inner tube is 7/8 OD, there does not seem to be enough room for a bronze bushing. Cut a Clorox bottle or a milk jug is what yours truly would do.
  6. sparkwizard

Maybe another thread to share opinions on additives? My opinion is used OEM carbs are better than Chinese copies.
  7. sparkwizard

Got this gearbox trying to figure out what it fits

Just an observation...and maybe you already thought about it, but that small pipe near the studs is probably a vent to atmosphere. It would be on the TOP of the case, not the bottom where the oil is. SO...it would appear the gearbox mounted under some kind of frame. Do you have any guesses about...
  8. sparkwizard

WTB Racing Kart Exhaust for Clinton Panter A400

If @Ranchand60 doesn't take it, I am interested.
  9. sparkwizard

Thank you, Sir. It would sit on my shelf, too, but it would be there when I need it.;)
  10. sparkwizard

35 mm film canister...scroll down...
  11. sparkwizard

ARC Billet flywheel

Minimum gap .030
  12. sparkwizard

ARC Billet flywheel

ARC website says that wheel has 32 degrees of timing advance. I think the original timing was 24 degrees. Have you changed anything else, or is it all stock? (Camshaft especially?)
  13. sparkwizard

Sea Foam does all of the above, plus it stabilizes fuel so it stays fresher, longer
  14. sparkwizard

ARC Billet flywheel

Did it run immediately before you installed the flywheel? What I am asking is, did you do any other modifications at the same time? Is your flywheel key installed and flywheel torqued? My guess based on what you have already posted is that you have a timing problem.
  15. sparkwizard

what are you listening to v.2.0

Tell me this don't get stuck in your head.
  16. sparkwizard

How long do they need to be? My brain is seeing 35mm film canisters, but they are only about 1 1/4 inch tall.
  17. sparkwizard

Does fuel run out of the end of the fuel line when you pull it off the carb? Is there a fuel filter on it? Is it stopped up?
  18. sparkwizard

I know it's not for sale, but I gotta ask anyway. Is it for sale? I have something roughly similar to that on an old Yazoo riding mower.
  19. sparkwizard

How to remove rusted forks

I have not tried this with a fork, but with old boat motors, there is a driveshaft that goes from the lower unit up into the bottom of the vertical crankshaft. They pump salt water up to cool the engine, and that driveshaft stays wet whenever it is running. If we couldn't get it apart after we...