Search results

1. Briggsboss

Reving idle

Have a honda 80r 4 stroke that i just cleaned the carb. The bike Sat for 2 years. Having a hard time setting idle. Small screw is set at 1.5 turns and large screw in line with throttle cable is closer to 3.5 turns As the bike warms the idle rises. Finally back bbig screw down to 3 ,,, 3.5...
  2. Briggsboss

Tired of Buying Carb CLeaner?

I got tired of Using a whole can of carb cleaner for 1 job,,,,, its a joke. Ready to buy it by the case. Lol So i used a can of the foaming bore cleaner for my guns. WOW tis stuff works a lot better and faster than carb cleaner. I cleaned 2 carbs on bikes that have bee sitting for years. The...
  3. Briggsboss

Honda 50

Have a honda 50 that wont quite idle. The carb has a choke paddle bar on the side. Seems to have 4 or 5 settings; dosent reall click into the 3rd position. It Will run ok on the second from the top and after it warms up it runs better on the Third from the top position. Can anyone...
  4. Briggsboss

Clutch set screw

I Had a clutch slide off. There was no threaded hole on the end of the crank. So rather than drilling and taping the end of the crank i decided to drill a pilot hole about 1/8 deep on the side of the crank and tightened the Clutch set screw into the hole. Seemed to work well. Anyone else...
  5. Briggsboss

The Best Briggs Rebuild Video Series

This is by far the best rebuild video i have found for 5 hp briggs. It is hard to find on YouTube unless you sezrch under; Briggs 130202. Then all the videos popup. A couple of them are out of order. Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ZyT8wXppQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player...
  6. Briggsboss

Briggs Rod Orientation

Posted on another forum for a while but still no answer. Searched youtube and watched a lot of vids! Does the oil hole on a briggs connecting rod face the flywheel /valve oil port side or the cam and govenor side?
  7. Briggsboss

Piston install

Which way does the X on the piston face? or the hole in the rod? There is no arrow on the piston
  8. Briggsboss

Liner Inside Pulsajet

If you look inside the open end of the long tube you can see the edge of a liner or sleeve cut at an angle. Very thin Is that a liner / sleeve inside the pulsajet carbs ? It it removable ? Grind the edge smooth ?
  9. Briggsboss

Crank key extension

It there a key extention for a 3/4" crank. Need 1/2 to an inch more. I do not wield.
  10. Briggsboss

Tappet Valves to change cam lift

I have space between the tappet valves an my intake and exhaust valves. Can i simply get a longer tappet valve and gain more lift. Rather than getting a high lift cam?