Search results

1. M

Looking for powder coating in Metro Detroit

I hope you guys can help, I am looking for a good place to have powder coating done in Metro Detroit. I am not looking for the cheapest but definitely one that offers good value. I have some questions to for people who have things powder coated. 1. Is surface preparation included in the price...
  2. M

How do I start a race motor without the pull start?

Hi guys, you have always been so helpful so I thought I would run this by you to get some help. I have a 5 horse briggs motor built by turner racing engines and I orginally had a tool the former owned which went into an cordless drill to start the motor. It was a socket with a sort of slip...
  3. M

Just picked this sears mini bike from the Ann Arbor show

I picked up this frame and forks for 50 bucks from the Ann Arbor show on Sunday, I know it is a Sears Mini but does anybody have any more information such as a model? Many Thanks in advance! Dave
  4. M

Can anyone identify this wheel for me?

Does anyone know what kind of wheel this is?:shrug:
  5. M

Alcohol burning race kart information needed.

I am hoping someone can help me with information on this race kart. I am selling it to fund my other projects but know nothing about it other than it runs on alcohol and the little briggs pumps out 12 horse. My niece raced it and my dad gave it to me to sell, he knows nothing about it either. I...
  6. M

I can't reply to a post in the classified section

Hi, I am fairly new to the forum but have already started a few threads with pictures about restorations I have done or am in the process of doing. My question is that I tried to respond to an item in the classified section and recieved a message that I couldnt do that yet. The three reasons...
  7. M

100 dollar 1960 Homelite Spitfire

I got this 1960 Spitfire off Craigslist for 100 bucks. After I finished my 58, it turned out too nice for the kids to ride so I had been looking for another cheap kart project that I could let them use. How wild is it that I found another Homelite Spitfire? These karts are rare and I end...
  8. M

1958 Homelite Spitfire Restoration

The 1958 Homelite Spitfire Go Kart, purchased new by my Grandfather for my dad and 2 uncles when they were kids I was very lucky to end up with it when I was a kid and still have it. These pictures were right after I dug it out of his garage to bring it home. The bottom read...
  9. M

10 dollar Alexander Reynolds project

I picked this Alexander Reynolds frame and forks at the spring swap meet in Ann Arbor Michigan held by the Old School Mini Bikes Guys for 10 bucks, I thought it was a good deal. The wheels and tires set me back another 20, twice as much as the frame and forks...[/SIZE] These...
  10. M

35 dollar roller, What do I have here?

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. This is a really fantastic site! I got this at a local swap meet for 35 bucks minus the engine, it didn't look like this when I got it. Can anyone help me identify it? Thanks for any help, David