Search results

1. D

Full suspension scratch build Predator 212

Thanks. It seemed to work well except my five minute over excited pos chain tensioner didn't work. I need to not get excited and take my time. Back to work later on that and she should be right as rain.
  2. D

Hopefully I will get the brakes an foot pegs on today. Then I can take a better test ride. Maybe I will be able to start the guards too.
  3. D

Test ride was a success even if I didn't have foot pegs or breaks. Worse part is without a guard the header was burning my leg.
  4. D

I put the chain on. I just need to build a tensioner but this should keep the chain somewhat free of debris.
  5. D

I spent a lot of time thinking on how to do just that, but with this being more of a dirt bike I ended up placing the jackshaft higher so any mud or dirt is hitting the tire and not the chain. With a higher shaft the chain will be behind the front of the tire. I live on three acres and all our...
  6. D

This has turned into a big project. I wanted to build something that beats the crap out of production mini bikes. This is my third attempt and I think I have it. It's got over twelve inches of ground clearance. At least until I build the foot pegs, they may cut into that by two or three inches...
  7. D

First off, ignore the mess please! Completely built from scratch over the last week. I finally figured out how to build the forks properly. I'm using a rear mono shock from a Honda 50. Taptalk won't let me download pics. I'll try again later.
  8. D

Is there a market for full suspension mini bikes?

I appreciate all the advice. I am going to speak to a layer. I think I could get it down to two hours. It will need a double shock setup for adults and I am looking into the jacks haft option. Sounds like a good plan.
  9. D

Mini Street Tracker build

I'm having trouble with the mono shock. It is rated to 750# but I bottom it out causing so much slack in the chain it's ridiculous. The chain jumps every time. The jig I used to mount the shock tabs had to get bolted in for me to ride it. Damn was it fast and fun but having no seat hurt like...
  10. D

I could definitely build one that taller. Only slight mods to my jigs would be necessary. Only real problem I'm having is with the mono shock. Works great for the kids but not adults. It gets way to much slack in the chain. I'm going to have to find stiffer shocks or build a lockout mechanism.
  11. D

I am going to make the seat this weekend. Yesterday I just couldn't stop riding it so not as much got done as I would have liked
  12. D

I like the way you think outlaw. I have two more builds to do for friends and then I think I'm open for business.
  13. D

Anybody ever heard of this??

That is a great story!
  14. D

All good points. Lots to think about. Luckily I'm not worth anything but I don't want to loose my future and children's future in a lawsuit. The LLC might be the way to go. I'm going to do some research on that and think about it. I hate the red tape! It's a good product. I finally rode it...
  15. D

Figured that I can build the frame with shocks for about $55. Takes about two days to build a frame. If I can get $250 for a frame it would be worth my time since I'm not working. I don' know, what do you think? I know the experts on here will have a good idea.
  16. D

She is nearly ready for paint and a seat. Let the boy take it for a test ride tonight. He said its too fast. I think it needs a longer throw on the throttle arm. It goes from standing still to throwing you off the back in half a second. It even pulls me back.
  17. D

Ok she is mostly there now. I pick up the predator tommorrow. Then it's test ride time.
  18. D

I kinda dig the forks I made. I used bushings to slide up an 11" hardened 5/8 bolt with the top threaded into a bolt that is securely welded to the fork legs. My front wheel is 15 1/2" so the leg will never get close to the ground.
  19. D

It's "shocking" how nice this turned out.
  20. D

Maybe I will just start real small on Craigslist and see what happens.