Full suspension scratch build Predator 212

First off, ignore the mess please! Completely built from scratch over the last week. I finally figured out how to build the forks properly. I'm using a rear mono shock from a Honda 50.

Taptalk won't let me download pics. I'll try again later.

This has turned into a big project. I wanted to build something that beats the crap out of production mini bikes. This is my third attempt and I think I have it. It's got over twelve inches of ground clearance. At least until I build the foot pegs, they may cut into that by two or three inches. I finally got the forks right. I'm pretty happy so far.

Very nice Drooker!! Lota headaches just modding stuff to make it work......but to start from scratch is a totally different game in itself!! I love the swept back straight bars!! Triple trees look awesome!! In a whole it looks very proportionate!! Tank looks good up top! Curious to see what ya do for hookup with jackshaft....everything i've seen with a swing arm has all been inline with the pivot point of the swingarm. Keep the picts comming!!:thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

looking good so far...nice work..... I'm with Jdogg on the jackshaft....with it being so much higher than the pivot point on the swingarm the chain to the rear wheel will dramatically loosen when the shock is compressed.. If you can re-engineer the swingarm and run a jackshaft through it so it double duties as a pivot shaft and jackshaft it will eliminate the problem..

looking good so far...nice work..... I'm with Jdogg on the jackshaft....with it being so much higher than the pivot point on the swingarm the chain to the rear wheel will dramatically loosen when the shock is compressed.. If you can re-engineer the swingarm and run a jackshaft through it so it double duties as a pivot shaft and jackshaft it will eliminate the problem..
I spent a lot of time thinking on how to do just that, but with this being more of a dirt bike I ended up placing the jackshaft higher so any mud or dirt is hitting the tire and not the chain. With a higher shaft the chain will be behind the front of the tire.

I live on three acres and all our riding is in the yard. We had a problem with picking up sticks in the chain and derailing it. I think this will solve that problem. I will be running a tensioner on the swing arm itself to remove the slack. Thanks for the feedback!!! Much appreciated. I will post more pics as I go. I had a Busch light filled building frenzy last night and may need to take the day off today.

MB165

Put me in line for the next frame off the assembly line.....:laugh:
good job, looks good.
a suggestion, put the jack shaft near/ behind the back drain plug

I spent a lot of time thinking on how to do just that, but with this being more of a dirt bike I ended up placing the jackshaft higher so any mud or dirt is hitting the tire and not the chain. With a higher shaft the chain will be behind the front of the tire.

I live on three acres and all our riding is in the yard. We had a problem with picking up sticks in the chain and derailing it. I think this will solve that problem. I will be running a tensioner on the swing arm itself to remove the slack. Thanks for the feedback!!! Much appreciated. I will post more pics as I go. I had a Busch light filled building frenzy last night and may need to take the day off today.
The jackshaft is the right idea,a chain guide in front of the rear sprocket will keep the chain from getting derailed.