Search results

1. Y

4" Manco Wheels

PM Sent
  2. Y

5" Manco Wheel

PM Sent
  3. Ease of temporary work area when sharing the garage with wife's car.

Ease of temporary work area when sharing the garage with wife's car.

Makes it really nice to pull out the project for the weekend then slide it back over to "storage" for parking.
  4. C-Clamp and we're into a comfort work zone

C-Clamp and we're into a comfort work zone

Whole thing, without a single item already, ran aless than $100.00
  5. Metal Stand was the key

Metal Stand was the key

So I gave up and headed to Harbor Freight, where all they offered was the metal stands. As it turns out they are AWESOME!!
  6. Metal Stand was the key

Metal Stand was the key

We were going to get an aluminum dirt bike stand, as thats what was all over the interenet. Plus they seemed logical, but we had to wait for shipment.
  7. Easy enough work area

Easy enough work area

Harbor Freight items, though I'm sure there are others out there that carry about the same stuff. This was just simple to aquire and makes for a snap to drag out and work on in the family garage on weekends.
  8. Y

Son's Atlas Project, WOOT Here We GO!!

Ah sweet deal. Got a set of brushes, will grab Gunk spray tomorrow. I'll track down the prep threads. Though learning from ones mistakes drives home the point, i don't want to do keep doing things twice :) Err, three times to get a winner on the engine :) Thanks Buckeye
  9. Y

WHOA, Tom that was some great video!! Fantastic edit job and footage!
  10. Y

Well, now I'm not so sure I placed the Thread in the correct arena. As far as I can tell this Thread references General MiniBike Talk. From what I read on the go-bys this is where I was supposed to ask question as things progressed. I could easily be wrong, new to the Forum. Somehow I...
  11. Y

How to Best Clean Engine Housing? We're going to miss this weekend for garage time but for the next step I guess we'll begin with cleaning the Briggs up a bit. What's the best method/cleaner for getting all the grunge off the engine housing and deep into the tight places? I don't think...
  12. Y

ROFL, well yes there is the CL Colt. We're having a hard time not driving over there and loading that nostalgic icon right into the pick-up :) As tempting as it is, I beleive we'll just wave as it passes us by.
  13. Y

We managed to actually get started on it this afternoon with a bang! Wound up having to buy another Mini, a Manco I think, in order to get a Briggs 5HP. Picked it up this afternoon and by bedtime the pit crew had it off the frame. We even had time to bolt the little Manco back together...
  14. And we're off on the first of a Big Adventure

And we're off on the first of a Big Adventure

A focused pit crew hard at pulling the collective first engine from it's mount.
  15. And we're off on the first of a Big Adventure

And we're off on the first of a Big Adventure

The whole pit crew pulling the chain.
  16. Y

Atlas Project, Son is starting from roller

I didn't get that good a deal on it. But at the time thought it was worth it since it looked complete and simply forgotten about. He said it had always been in a garage and came from an elderly couple. My hope is, limited to no abuse. As far as I can see it's in really good shape. I...
  17. Y

Thanks Catfish. Yeah, we've been spending a couple of weeks trying to pick up the odds and ends to work on the Atlas with. Finally made it in for the stands and caught a couple good sales on tools and a compressor. The second mini was just a fluke. Stumbled on it one afternoon and...
  18. Y

LoL, no not holding out :) The other is a Scat Cat. We picked it up about a week ago as the parts for the Atlas were looking a bit bleak at the time. The thought was it had all the pieces so somewhat easier to tinker with. I've since been told no tinkering. Apparently a survivor bike...
  19. Scat Cat ASC114 Back

Scat Cat ASC114 Back

Originally got this one as follow up project or possibly tangent effort if the Atlas items are hard to come by. It has all of the parts. Though that does loose some of the fun :)
  20. Scat Cat ASC114 Right Side Front

Scat Cat ASC114 Right Side Front

Originally got this one as follow up project or possibly tangent effort if the Atlas items are hard to come by. It has all of the parts. Though that does loose some of the fun :)