Search results

1. M

JC Whitney cycle muffler for my 13hp Briggs?

I have a new OHV 13hp Briggs motor iIam installing in My elburro. The oem muffler and pipe is too tall. JC Whitney has a universal chrome cycle muffler that has a 1.5" inlet and overall is 12" long. The dimensions are good for my frame and the look would be nice. Would this muffler be too...
  2. M

NE1 ever make a minibike street legal?

I believe some of the Heald Super Broncs could be road legal. I have an 8hp custom ElBurro that does 48mph with the 8hp Tecumseh and I plan to put a 13hp Briggs Intec in later. What got me thinking was a guy at a carshow with a custom built chopper. Had a hopped up Briggs V twin making 33 hp...
  3. M

County deputy kicked me off the road

I live out in the countryside here in Overisel (Holland) MI. Been riding minibikes on the back roads out here on the far right side. I know minis are not road legal but this is the country and I see lots of quads, dirtbikes and golfcarts trucking around. Well last sunday an Allegan county...
  4. M

Fast and feasible although I would not do it.

In the quest for more power a snowmobile engine comes to mind. The Cuyuna (Formerlly JLO/Rockwell) makes a single cyl 18-20 hp engine. These engines are nice and compact- rectangular all the way around. Were used in late 70s Scorpion snowmobiles. Thay are still made new for ultralite...
  5. M

I think I gonna build a mini strictly to sell

I have built 5 minibikes since 2004- pretty much spend most of my free time doing this. ( I rent so my land lady does all the home stuff- she gives me free reign of her workshop to boot!!) Anyway I have built a mini for every daughter, neice and nephew that I can. Now I want to build one for...
  6. M

8hp flathead VS 8hp OHV- Which is better?

Because I want something new, new and well...NEW I am gonna by a new engine for my beefy minibike rather than rebuild my 8hp Tecumseh. I can get a new Briggs 8hp Intek OHV engine for under $250. Curious- is the over head valve Briggs Intek a better engine than a new tecumseh flathad 8hp?? I...
  7. M

Briggs OHV Intek better than Tecumseh 8hp flattie?

New thought on what to spend some of my tax return on. I currently have a year 2000 Tecumseh SnowKing 8hp flat head on my bike. Runs good, burns oil- want to try something new. Will a new Briggs Intek 8hp OHV engine run better than a new Tecumseh 8hp flattie? The Intek snow engine is $245...
  8. M

Can I use my 8hp head, flywheel on a 10hp

So I can get a NEW 10hp shortblock for $150. The crank is wrong (Tapered down to 7/8") but a machinist friend of mine said he can (and has) turned down cranks (I need 3/4") and machine in the keyway. So that is good but will the head, flywheel, electronics ect swap from the my 8 to the 10hp??
  9. M

MANUAL shifting 2 speed Comet secondary clutch?

I have an automatic shifting unit- its been heavily discussed here. I am seeing NOS Comet manual shift 2 speed driven units. How is the shifting done?
  10. M

Saw some usefull and inexpensive minibike parts at TSC

Was at TSC needing some #35 chain- of course they are out of it. (10ft roll for $12) Any way in the helmet isle they have replacement parts for those minibaja bikes. They had a nice aluminum brake lever for $12. Dont have to remove the grip to install either. They also have a drive chain...
  11. M

Hey Josh Howard..Your 2 speed clutch....?

I read a reply of yours earlier this month that you have a bike with the 2 speed comet clutch. You said it shifts into second too early and were gonna try a different spring. I was wondering if the shoes in that secondary drive clutch could have holes drilled thru them to reduce the rotating...
  12. M

swap crankshafts between 8 and 10hp tecumsehs?

I have a good running but smoking 8hp Tecumseh flathead motor. Id like a bit bigger engine. Small engine warehouse has a brand new 10hp tecumseh flathead short bock for $150 but it has a tapered crankshaft. Anyone know if I can swap the crank from my 8hp into a 10hp?? Will the 8hp head...
  13. M

How bout a belt driven centrifigal clutch?

Just wondering about positives and negatives of the Max Torque belt drive centrifigal clutch. Im building a minibike for my 6 year old daughter. Id go belt from clutch to jackshaft and of course #35 chain from jackshaft to rear wheel. Any benefit in this??
  14. M

Benefits going from an 8hp to 11hp tecumseh??

Hello and nice website. My large minibike currently has an 8hp Tecumseh snow king flathead. It runs good but could use some new rings. Well my tax return is more than I planned so I am thinking of buying a new Tecumseh 11hp. Since the max rpm is 3600 on these type of engines what type of...