Search results

1. W

kill switch

I checked the kill switch like you said and it works I have just painted the frame and front forks I tried to tighten the fork bolt a little more and work the forks back and forth to try and create a ground this way I was able to get the switch to work a couple of times but not always If the...
  2. W

kill switch

Iam having trouble getting a kill switch to work on a 3.5 hp Tecumseh I hooked a new kill switch to an insulator block on the motor where a wire is attached coming from the fly wheel area. When I push the switch the motor keeps running. I ran a jumper wire from this same block and touched to the...
  3. W

bolt size 3.5 tec

I guess I will have to answer my own question It looks to be a 5 16th fine thread bolt I will pick up a couple and give it a shot
  4. W

front wheel on a Ruttman

Iam using aluminum wheels I backed the nut off a little and it spins a whole lot smoother now I must have over tightened it
  5. W

bolt size 3.5 tec

Can someone tell what size of a bolt and is it fine or course thread that goes into the side of a 3.5 hp Tecumseh to hold the bracket for a band brake thanks
  6. W

front wheel on a Ruttman

I just mounted the front wheel on a small frame and it does not go around smoothly The bearings seem good but when I tighten down the axel nut it rolls less than smooth in a certain area acts like it is binding up and then rolls free any ideas would be helpful Also did these small Ruttman come...
  7. W

Motor city minz

Does any body know the phone number of motor city minz
  8. W

spacers

I don't have a way to take a picture. When I bought this roller the sprocket was mounted using 1 and quarter inch aluminum tubes when you use these the sprocket distorts I thought or maybe I was hoping I could just buy them in steel. Where would I look for a threaded coupler?
  9. W

spacers

I am new to this so you a most likely right I bought this project as a roller and this is how the wheels were mounted It did not look right so that is probably the problem I gues I will look for new wheels
  10. W

spacers

What can I use or better yet what is used to space a sprocket away from a wheel so you can mount it I have a 4 inch alloy wheel I want to mount a sprocket on but it needs spacers to hold the sprocket away from the tire
  11. W

Ruttman kick stand

Thank you for getting back to me. Do you know where I could pick up one of the newer kits ? Also what held the leg of the kick stand in the bracket? Was there a sping to hold it in the up position? I also have another question . It looks like the seat was bolted on the rear by the bracket that...
  12. W

Ruttman kick stand

I belive its a toad And it has 4 inch tires
  13. W

Ruttman kick stand

Does any one know where I can get a kick stand for a small frame Ruttman? There is a bracket welded under the engine mount plate but the rest is missing
  14. W

length of chain

I need to buy a new chain for my Ruttman Toad project Any idea how long of a piece of chain I need to buy?
  15. W

Motor city minis 2 year anniversary!

Do you guys have any used motors for sale?
  16. W

putting a clutch on a tecuseh motor

Update after I got the pully off I got a better look at the crank shaft. Somebody cut or broke the end of the crank off. Then they forced a 14mm craftsmen socket over the end and put the pully over that I guess I,ll start looking for a new motor
  17. W

I dont have a photo but it is a round crank shaft with a square hole machined in it with a tapped hole in the end
  18. W

Iam new to this and I guess I picked up the wrong motor I thought they would all be the same. The shaft has a square hole in it and at the end it is threaded for a bolt .
  19. W

I have a 3.5 hp tecumseh motor I was planning on putting in my Rutman frame. It had a pully on it when I bought it which was held on by a bolt in the center of the pully and a set screw. It is a 3/4 inch shaft with no key way in it Is it possiable to put a clutch on this type of crank shaft I...
  20. W

Engine for Rutman roller

Ok thanks I appreciate you getting back to me so fast Steve.....