Search results

1. HBBob

Does the Go Power Sports 98cc engine have the same mounting bolt pattern as the Predator 79cc engine ?

Would anyone know if the Go Power Sports 98cc engine has the same footprint and mounting bolt configuration as the Predator 79cc engine. Thank You
  2. HBBob

Has anyone installed a Bilt Hard 4 stroke 3hp Horizontal Engine using a RCF Mini Micro Frame

I like your reasoning here. I have the same preference as far as it looking old school. The Lifan although modern still has a "old school" look with custom header and remote tank. Thank you for your input.
  3. HBBob

Has anyone installed a Bilt Hard 4 stroke 3hp Horizontal Engine using a RCF Mini Micro Frame

Hello. I have a RCF micro frame on order and planning to install a small 4 stroke engine. Originally considering a Predator .79, but can't buy a new one due to California restrictions. I might be able to get a Bilt Hard .79 engine from Amazon it appears they may not have any shipping block to...
  4. HBBob

Who’s the powell experts….

Hi. I had one about 12 years ago that I restored to for the most part original condition. It was a roller without a engine, and had an aftermarket older twist throttle. All the other parts were original to the bike wheels and rims. What info were you curious about.
  5. HBBob

Is the American Racer 215 roller kit sold by Go-Karts USA worth purchasing.

Thank you for getting back to me. I finally came to that same reasoning after looking at other mini bike frames and their construction. I was reading a few posts just a couple of days ago and I noticed someone mentioned Evan's name and company RCF. I looked up the RCF website and was very...
  6. HBBob

Is the American Racer 215 roller kit sold by Go-Karts USA worth purchasing.

Just curious of some of you that may have purchased the American Racer 215 think of the frame construction and welding quality used on this frame? I have the bug to build a kit and noticed this frame has a payload of 290 lbs. I suppose the payload they are talking about would be the riders...
  7. HBBob

Girls and Mini Bikes

Cool pics. Those chicks looked great in the day. Wow! Thanks for the memories. HBbob :thumbsup:
  8. HBBob

Powell Challenger Rear Drive Pulley/Sprocket Rebuild Questions

Rear Drive Sprocket Yes. That's exactly the look - shark fin. I wonder about the chain now. The rear has straight up teeth. Thanks Robert
  9. HBBob

Powell Challenger Rear Drive Pulley/Sprocket Rebuild Questions

I pulled the rear pulley/sprocket apart this morning, and one bearing is broken, and noticed the rear sprocket has curved forward teeth, is this normal and forged this way? I was checking out OldMiniBikes for replacement bearings but didn't really find a direct replace. I measured 1 -9/16 outside dia...
  10. Powell Challenger Rear Bearing Mfg NTN, Part 6203LU

Powell Challenger Rear Bearing Mfg NTN, Part 6203LU

Pic of part number on NTN bearing.
  11. Powell Bearing from Rear Pulley/Sprocket

Powell Bearing from Rear Pulley/Sprocket

Shows one good bearing and one broken one
  12. Powell Rear Pulley Drive Sprocket Assembly

Powell Rear Pulley Drive Sprocket Assembly

Just a pic of the assembly partially taken apart
  13. Powell Rear Drive Sprocket Wear

Powell Rear Drive Sprocket Wear

This shows curved forward teeth, is this normal and forged this way or is it wear?
  14. HBBob

Annual Thanksgiving Day ride

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Vintage Powells are the coolest mini bikes.
  15. HBBob

Powell Challenger, Serial #1331-A

Hello. Thanks again for the pictures of the placement of the shifter. The pic of the output shaft extension is what was described to me by the fellow I bought the Powell from. I will need to purchase one of them. The Briggs in the pic didn't have spark, so installed a new condenser today...
  16. HBBob

I am not sure if I should try to use this engine with 3/4 dia output shaft, aprox 1.25 inchs long, not any room to put a clutch pully? or use a piece of jack shaft that is bored out so it could be bolted to the existing shaft.
  17. IMGP4722

IMGP4722

18. HBBob

Powell Frame Restoration Project Hello. Yep this is your old bike. I just finished reworking the frame. Replaced the front cross member due to two cracks on either site of motor tongue, and replaced the bent frame tubes. Next I will tackle the engine and clutch work, but not sure exactly...
  19. IMGP4714

IMGP4714

20. HBBob

Powell Challenger Frame Restoration Pics on You Tube

Hello. Some of you might be interested in my Powell Challenger frame restoration on You Tube. My frame had two cracks on the front cross member on each side of motor mount tongue, not at the welds but beyond that point, and both frame rails were bent and rusted out and worn at the...