Search results

1. stevetheman

Super Bronc Restoration before/after Pics

Friends, Countrymen, At long last, the bike has come back together! The keen eye will notice some things yet to be done, such as handlebars, lights, and the like. But more importantly, I finally got it on the road! Everything is working great...the engine is smooth and powerful, and the...
  2. stevetheman

"The Machine"

I just registered today, but I figured I would take this opportunity to show off some of my other toys! This thing is a combination of electric go kart and Chinese 4 wheeler parts, with a 16 hp Honda clone bolted on top. My friends and I cobbled it together over the last few years...quite an...
  3. stevetheman

Super bronc restoration

Hello all, This is my new project, a Super bronc (VT-1012?) from the late 70s or early 80s as far as I can tell. It was given to me by a friend, who's garage it had been sitting beside for a looong time. All things considered, its not in bad condition! Before commencing the teardown, I...
  4. stevetheman

Super bronc: de-gunking front springs?

Hello all, So when I pulled the springs out of the fork, I think I figured out why the front supsensh' seemed to be seized. It looks like over the years the grease on the springs hardened into a nasty plastic-like crud on the spring, preventing the springs from compressing. :doah: Any...
  5. stevetheman

Greetings, new to the territory

Hello, people of the internet! I am brought here by my new project bike I just aquired! It is a (Herald?) Super bronc (VT-1012?) from the late 70s or early 80's. It had been sitting outside my friend's garage for years, so they just gave it to me for free! :thumbsup: Not bad condition all...