"The Machine"

I just registered today, but I figured I would take this opportunity to show off some of my other toys! This thing is a combination of electric go kart and Chinese 4 wheeler parts, with a 16 hp Honda clone bolted on top. My friends and I cobbled it together over the last few years...quite an ordeal to pull it off, but it was definitely worth it! It looks awkward, but it is a huge amount of fun to hoon around in. This is probably as close as I'll get to owning one of those mid-engined Baja trucks. :laugh:

For scale, its nearly 8 feet long, an tracks as wide as my car in front. Weighs a crapton too.

Before final paint...you can see where all the parts join together.

Mmm...matte black. :punk:

:thumbsup:

Might be the coolest pic I've ever taken...taken on my phone, especially

Caught mid-slide

Enjoy!

i did the Same with a chinese go kart and murray go kart made the murray have live axle and stuff totally worth cutting up the piece of crap chinese go kart

I would love to have a roll bar, but I haven't mustered up the courage to try and fab one. Believe it or not, welding is not yet in my skillset... :doah: I had to outsource all the welding on this, which was pretty inconvenient (and 'spensive).

Also on the to-do list: rack and pinion steering...right now it has ZERO mechanical advantage, which can get hairy if you encounter any rough terrain.

that is cool,the other day i was at a pawn shop that was selling a 2 seat go kart with big wheels minus motor for $60. I thought about snatching it up but to many projects.