Search results

1. 7

Truck load of Intek 206!

Son picked up 5 or 6 of these intek 206 from autos class in HS. They were going to toss them out. We may use one on his chopper. Anyone use a 20mm slide carb on one? Any other mild hop ups that work? Thanks
  2. 7

Clutch brake on a B&S ??

Obviously this engine does not have the 4 bolt holes where the clutch brake bracket would bolt to. Is there any way to make one work on this side cover? Maybe the one bolt hole? Thanks
  3. 7

What’s the deal with this clutch ???

this was on a roller my son picked up so not sure if it’s good or not. My question is what is that part with the two set screws, is that part of the clutch? Looks like it’s not. Also the key way looks trapped in there.
  4. 7

B&S questions

Picked this up 10 years ago, it started with starting fluid and sounds good but I think I need to rebuild the carb it would not stay running. Is a 494624 the correct carb kit? Where is a good place to get a complete kit? Also what is the year of this motor and is it electronic ign? Also the...
  5. 7

Sons $60 find.

Son found and paid $60 for this ARCO mini. Needs lots of work. Engine runs but he wants to use this 5 HP B&S . I’m going to post in the B&S section some questions on this engine. Thanks for looking.
  6. 7

roller wanted in chicago area

Looking for a complete vintage roller in the chicagoland area, would like a frame that can accept a vintage B&S with the larger tank . thanks
  7. 7

Opinion on plug color..

Hssk50 with the big valve, thick rings. Ported intake and exhaust, using a PZ20 jetted up to #92. Plug has a few hours mostly riding mid to full throttle. Open pipe exhaust.
  8. 7

38mph Sears!

Faster than I thought it would be ! Hssk50 with the bigger exhaust valve. Governor removed, oil hole mod in stock rod, ported intake and exhaust, ported stock intake manifold, PZ20, carb body smoothed and polished, 92 jet. Straight through 7/8” exhaust with 3/4” sausage muffler, muffler baffle...
  9. 7

Any Sears drover / bird owners ??

Redoing a 4+4 sears which is the same as a drover I guess. Any original survivor drover or 4+4 bikes out there that show where the model number tag should be? Mine was repainted and it was reglued on the fork bottom plate, ive seen some on the engine plate but those had the forks with the...
  10. 7

Sears 4+4 resto

Picked up this 4+4 sears a couple months back and going to start to “resto mod” it. I had a Sears drover when I was 12 or so and have been looking for one for several years. This one is pretty complete minus the engine but it’s rusty, crusty, painted over, the usual neck reweld/repair...
  11. 7

Dumb question….

What wood is best for the seat bottom, and what thickness? Thanks
  12. 7

Sears drover/bird rear rim

Before I weld it up!!! Looking for original rear rim with 60t sprocket. This is off my sears 4+4 or drover/bird. Must be in very good condition. Thanks
  13. 7

Kenda k304a tire

Hi, anyone use this tire ? looks to be 4 ply, 50psi max, for scooter and moped.
  14. 7

So what’s everyone using for oil ?

I’ve got one good running mini that I will start to use regularly with a Tecumseh flat head. I have been using Valvoline VR1 10w-30 since it’s what I use for my old muscle car. I also use M1 0w-40 in my new cars. Has anyone seen a clear advantage to using a synthetic or even a 10w or 15w-40...
  15. 7

IDing a Tecumseh

Just picked this up, but can’t find a decal looks like a 90’s , looks like it has a big exhaust valve. No stamps on engine cover or under the electric start . Thanks
  16. 7

Clutch brake questions

I have a sears 4+4 with the scrub rear brake and since there are no reproduction shoes and I’m not crazy about using it anyway I’m thinking about a clutch brake. Are they compact enough to fit behind the factory guard? Also what is the best one out there? Thanks
  17. 7

Hssk50 performance mod questions..

hi, rebuilding a 1997 Hssk50 , ran so so due to the exh valve only having a couple thousand clearance. Anyway I will do a light hone and rering, lap the valves and port the bowl area, remove the compression release bump on the cam, drill the 3/32” oil hole through the connecting rod. Engine...
  18. 7

What’s out there for replacement tires?

I’m going to be looking for replacement tires for my sears, tire size 4.10 x 3.50-6 . Everything looks to be light duty or low speed, are these still ok to use? Looks like local farm and fleet has them. Would like something slightly taller if possible. Mostly paved roads and very light trail...
  19. 7

Sears drover / 4+4 ??

Excited about my pick today, I had a sears drover back in about 1979. This looks like it pretty close. I will paint it green! It might be a 4+4 from the ad close enough for me !
  20. 7

Looking for 1 more HP !!

Got a 80’s hs40 that runs good, measured 100 psi on compression test. Installed a pz16 carb which seems great! Haven’t rode the bike yet still a work in progress, can follow along on the project forum under manco chopper. Anyway it runs good, is it worth the time to port the I/E bowls and ports...