Search results

1. cometkrazy

VT-8 Roller

Sadly I don't have the time or energy to finish my bike. I'm selling a roller Heald VT-8. It has brand new Duro tires, no rust any where, new bearings and bushings. The frame was blasted and powder coated. I live in Pendleton, Oregon which is 3 hours from Boise, Id. Spokane, Wa. and Portland...
  2. cometkrazy

Tracked Mini

What is this??
  3. cometkrazy

Boise Idaho Craigslist

Yesterday on BOISE Craigslist I came across a posting for two Heald minis A 10hp Super Bronc and a 5hp Bronc both for $430 They looked complete to me and he said the SB ran. I have enough projects or else I would grab them. I live in Eastern Oregon only about 3 hrs from them.
  4. cometkrazy

Replacement torque converter

I have a 1982 8hp Trail Bronc with a comet 30 torque converter. It is different as the driven shaft is treaded on the end instead of cut for a snap ring. The question I have is if I buy one of the Chinese torque converter kits on Amazon or Ebay will the new 5/8 shaft line up with the rear...
  5. cometkrazy

Comet Clutch Problem

Hello all: I 'm working on a VT Super Bronc. I got it running but I find that the driven pulley turns as fast as the driver when the chain is off. When I squeeze the brake handle, It kills the motor. I'm thinking that the clutch is put together incorrectly. Is there a diagram that shows how to...
  6. cometkrazy

8hp throttle linkage need help

I need help with my linkage on a VT-8 Super Bronc. It has been 4 years since I tore it down so naturally I forgot how it goes back together. I'm hoping there is someone that can give me some guidance and or post some pictures on how this linkage goes together. I believe that I have all the...
  7. cometkrazy

Back on-line.

Greetings everyone. I started an 8hp trail Bronc build in 2013, got the rolling chassis done and then life happened. My wife and I moved on to a small farm and the Bronc was put aside. I'm now ready to work on it again and I have a heated shop this time! I would like to hear from those who have...
  8. cometkrazy

Clutch cover needed

Anyone out there know where I can get a cover to fit this?
  9. cometkrazy

What clutch is this??

I'm trying to identify this Comet clutch so that I can get a cover for it . Please help if you can. Thanks!
  10. cometkrazy

Super Bronc Kickstand

I have a custom made kickstand made by one of the members that I won't be able to use. It will fit a Super Bronc. It's new never used. I really need a clutch cover for a Comet 30 and I would do a trade if anyone is interested. If not, it is for sale. Thanks :thumbsup:
  11. cometkrazy

Another VT8 Build

I stripped down my Trail Bronc as far as you can. I sent the frame,forks, rear axel housing, wheels and clutch housing off to be powder coated. I'm taking the advise of those who said leave it stock. I decided to do the frame Hot Rod red and the wheels white. I should have the pieces back next...
  12. cometkrazy

VT8 Clone swap vs Tec 8hp

Hello everyone: I'm new around here. I used to have a Mercury Comet convertible project to play with and it seems like a large hole to throw money into. I got out from that and now I think I've found a smaller hole. This new project takes up a lot less space and should be a bunch of fun. I just...
  13. cometkrazy

Tec HM80 Carb differences

Are there any alternatives to the stock carb on am HM80? I see a lot of different carbs for HM80's The oem replacement is like a 100.00 it is hard to cough up that when you see other HM carbs that look identical for 40.00! What is the diff? My engine is a HM80 155053A. Any carb swappers have...
  14. cometkrazy

Tecumseh HM80 carb replacement Help!

Hello: I need to replace a Tecumseh carb the book calls for Tecumseh#631660A. It is on a Tecumseh HM80 engine. It sells for about 100.00 Does anyone know of a less expensive alternative? Is there an Oregon replacement or something that would work? Thanks for all your help for the rookie...
  15. cometkrazy

It does sort of run! 8Hp Trail Bronc

I got my driveway find running yesterday. That is to say that I got it to idle. I had no throttle movement at all. The carb is way bad. The bowl has a hole in it and it had a tablespoon full of sediment in it. I couldnt get the throttle to move or the float. I saw a bunch of new carbs on ebay at...
  16. cometkrazy

New to the scene

Greetings to all: I am a newbie to this so please be parient. Yesterday I bought a driveway find in the shape of a Trail Bronc. I don't know what model or year it is but it's an 8Hp. It came with a chrome snow ski but nothing else. The guy I bought it from said it was having carb problems and...