Search results

1. G

Rear wheel binding

The axle nut is the nylon "locking" type and it does have adjusters for the chain.
  2. G

Rear wheel binding

I have an old Trail Mate that I am bringing back to life. I put new bearings in the front and rear wheels. The front spins free but the back seems like it's being squeezed by the axle bolt. Do I need a spacer between the bearings or other piece of hardware? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
  3. G

TrailMate Back from the barn

All the parts are in! The oldest boy learned a good lesson about rebuilding carbs. :) I am eliminating the governor to simplify the linkage (it's a mess). I will dial the throttle back to make sure no damage occurs. The question is, do I need to do anything with the governor or do I just...
  4. G

Trail Mate

Sorry, couldn't find my original thread. Update has been done there. Back from the barn
  5. G

New grips/throttle, linkage kit, air filter, rear wheel bearings, and carb rebuild kit are all on the way. :)
  6. G

Trail Mate

I have revived this project along a couple old threads about repair. I just figured I would start a post to track the progress I make. How I received it. After addition of a flat head Briggs and a new seat (I'll take a larger one for the next post).
  7. G

Trail Mate Jackshaft Removal & Bearing Size

I'll pull the sprockets in the next few days and upload some pics of my success/failure. I don't think cutting the shaft would do much good, it is enclosed with the exception of an inch or 2 on each end. :shrug: I guess I will take off the pulley and sprocket and attempt to force it out...
  8. G

Trying to figure out what belt I need!

Ok, I think I have a 20 series drive clutch and a 40 series driven and I want to make sure I get the right belt (if there is one). Center distance is just over 7.5in and is adjustable to be less. I am not sure what info to provide but below are some pictures for reference. Please help!
  9. G

Come on, someone has to know! :)
  10. G

Thanks! I have some more pics, I'll get them up soon.
  11. G

Thanks count, I knew they were big but couldn't remember exactly. Well I swapped out the wheel bearings. Old ones: New Ones: Wow, what a difference! I took it around the block and it was like a different machine. Since I live in the city I had to load it up and take it...
  12. G

Well I took it for a quick drive. SCARY! :eek: I could barely keep in on the road. The front end was stiff and very erratic in it's action so I pulled it back in the garage and began tearing it down. The springs are in great shape but the forks are dry as a bone. The front wheel bearings...
  13. G

Title says it all. How do I get this thing out and what bearings are used? I have an idea on the removal but want conformation before moving forward. Looks like you just remove the sprocket and push the shaft out from right to left (sitting on bike). As for the bearings I am sure there are...
  14. G

Ok, so a quick update (pics to follow). I mounted the engine, got it running and it is ready for a road test. :) I ran it on the stand and it all looks to be working. Won't know how well till I get it on the ground (maybe tonight). The jack shaft seems a bit stiff and I think it is in need...
  15. G

Asymmetrical 3/4in bore Comet Drive Clutch

Item is sold, thanks to all! I tried to update this thread earlier but have been having trouble with the website.
  16. G

Asymmetrical 3/4in bore Comet Drive Clutch

Got this with a load of parts my uncle gave me. It's dirty but looks like it has potential, how does $30 sound? The pics make it look worse in my opinion. I will ship UPS from 49404 if the buyer pays freight. Ask any questions you have.
  17. G

The motor?...its...a....black one??

I looked all over for some markings and couldn't find any. Where should I look?
  18. G

Ones in glass boxes. LOL Used to have a 90 gallon reef setup. Now I just have a nano tank (5.5g).