Trying to figure out what belt I need!

Ok, I think I have a 20 series drive clutch and a 40 series driven and I want to make sure I get the right belt (if there is one). Center distance is just over 7.5in and is adjustable to be less. I am not sure what info to provide but below are some pictures for reference. Please help!

Attachments

I been thinking of that same brake, thanks for the pictures..Exactly what a Heald Hauler needs! But yes, Comet belt shieves had a chart on them like your looking for. I have the old blue comet book, but I know its on the web for what your looking for! it really don't matter cuz those clutches don't match. you could buy a sheave for your 3/4 to1'' and get a 40series driver.

The 2nd pic shows a 20 series takes a 3/4" belt and a 40 series takes a 7/8" belt.
I'm not sure if that even works, would the 3/4" belt go to far in on the 40 driven and get stuck?
Or do you buy the belt large but then will it get pushed out of the driver?
Seems you would need a 3/4" belt as a 7/8" would just be too wide for the driver.

I thought the driver and driven needed to be matched .. I may learn something here!

I live in Kentwood and my brother lives in Wyoming ... we would be more than happy to come over, laugh, point and figure it out with you!

Kevin

Last edited:
You have to stay with the driver clutch belt size, it possibly could get stuck in the driven. depends on the load and springs. What I mentioned is a sleeve/bushing with key slot, on engine to allow you a 40 series driver. But yes the thin belt will make the machine move, I done it with a 1970 snow-pony snow mobile, Its been this way 10 years. But I think that particular driven clutch has stronger springs than what you have?