Search results

1. directdrive

Flathead

I read 3/32" depth somewhere.
  2. directdrive

Need Part For Shortblock

I managed to find a brand new 1987 5hp short block. I have pretty much everything I need except the blower housing. I would like a NARP powder coated housing. I have only been able to find them back east and the shipping cost is expensive. Anyone know where to get them out west?
  3. directdrive

Flathead

While on the subject, does anyone have the dimensions for a fire slot?
  4. directdrive

Stinger Kart

A few pics of my kid's Stinger. The motor mount is a bolt on and leaves the frame stock. It turned out pretty good.
  5. directdrive

Flathead

You know the only damage to this engine was from it being tossed in the scrap bin. The cylinder head has a cracked fin as well. I may JB weld the blower housing tab and re-drill and tap it, or I might Tig it. Haven't decided yet.I bought a new head off Ebay for $10. These old Briggs don't get a...
  6. directdrive

Flathead

I started cleaning up all the parts. Both these engines are in really nice shape the other one's a '94. The pistons and bores look virtually new. Did some flywheel resto. Anyways, It's been pretty quiet around here thought I'd contribute.
  7. directdrive

Flathead

Got a Flathead yesterday out of the scrap bin at the local power equipment shop. It's a 1980 kool Bore. Runs good.
  8. directdrive

Princess Auto 196cc Clones

Princess Auto Did you call the store or email them ? I talked to a girl in Langley and she said they would rain cheque over the phone if they were out of stock. Anyways, I went down there and bought one. Now it can sit in the box collecting dust. Call them up.
  9. directdrive

Princess Auto 196cc Clones

6.5 HP 196cc OHV Gas Engine | Princess Auto For all you Canadians,they go on sale for $99.00 tomorrow until the 13th. If they run out of stock you can get a rain cheque.
  10. directdrive

Working on Briggs Engines? You need this!

Bought one today. Jimmy Glenn's book as well. Good advice. Thanks.
  11. directdrive

"Best" carb for Predator on minibike?

Is PVL making a flywheel for Predator now?
  12. directdrive

Modified Predator muffler

Predator Muffler That's a cool idea. Anytime you go out in your shop and improve or modify something for next to zero dollars is good. Had a similar idea the other day. I took a piece of left over tube from my Kart frame build and put some more bend in it, made a flange, put a 1" long piece of...
  13. directdrive

5hp flathead smoking?

Thanks for the clarification.
  14. directdrive

5hp flathead smoking?

American Powersport does sell chrome Wiseco pistons. What threw me was it states you use Raptor3 rings with them. I was under the impression chrome piston/chrome rings with kool bores. Michael is right, I read that the wrong honing stones will gall the cylinder walls. You have to use fine stones...
  15. directdrive

Zama Carb

The Blue Wazoom did use a Zama. I found out a Zama carb is basically a Japanese made Tillotson. The parts on some interchange. Zama's come stock on Stihl Chainsaws as oscart mentioned ,a lot of trimmers etc, and for $20.00 off Ebay I like it.
  16. directdrive

5hp flathead smoking?

I read somewhere you're not supposed to hone cool bores. Ring seal issue?
  17. directdrive

Zama Carb

Is the Zama LB-S9-81A the carb that came with the Blue Wazoom flatheads?The reason I ask is because I won this on Ebay today. I think it's slightly smaller. After some research I found out the b/w carbs were .870 venturi, and this one is .811 (20.6 mm). The b/w were set up for alcohol. I emailed...
  18. directdrive

Zama Carb

Sorry, My mistake, Will post in the Briggs section.
  19. directdrive

Zama Carb

Is the Zama LB-S9-81A the carb that came with the Blue Wazoom Flatead?
  20. directdrive

Predator Governor

Omg