Search results

1. buddy44

Mac's MiniBike Yard Sale January 20, 2018

Mac is doing it again. I'll probably go, If I do I'll take some parts and frames to sell (2-3 Tacos, a Lil' Indian, and maybe a Bandit). Here's a link for info: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/for/d/macs-minibike-and-gokart-parts/6444259561.html
  2. buddy44

Ruttman rim?

5" Ruttman and the late Taco wheels are the same.
  3. buddy44

Taco Engine Color

For durability, how about powder coating the tank, shroud, and air cleaner and then spray painting the block.
  4. buddy44

Mac's Mini Bike Yard Sale Sept 23rd

They don't come any nicer than Mac. Always honest and very fair (some would say to a fault), on stuff he sells. 6:00 a.m. is too early for me :sleeping:. I probably won't get there until around 8:00 a.m.
  5. buddy44

Is anybody going?
  6. buddy44

1964 or 65 Bonanza find !

Thanks, and thanks for the info.
  7. buddy44

1964 or 65 Bonanza find !

Yes they had only four digits. Here's my BC1000's Serial# 5173. The early ones came with Briggs, so I've been wondering what year mine is and if it came with a Briggs or Tecumseh.
  8. buddy44

I don't know why he doesn't advertise here, but Mac is having another Minibike Yard Sale on Saturday Sept. 23rd. Craigslist ad: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/for/d/macs-minibike-yard-sale-parts/6301858640.html I plan on taking at least two Taco Frames and maybe my Little Indian...
  9. buddy44

Mac's Minibike Yard Sale Saturday January 28, 2017 Norwalk CA

Maybe a few wheels, possibly shocks, rear drum/gear. I'll probably only sell the shocks if the frames go. Need to look thru my stuff and decide which parts i can live without.
  10. buddy44

Mac's Minibike Yard Sale Saturday January 28, 2017 Norwalk CA

A reminder. Mac's is this Saturday, the 28th. Missed last year (damn flu), so really hope to make it this time. I plan to bring a couple of my extra Taco frames ('67 44 and '68 99), plus some parts. The flyer on Craig's list says 6 am to 3 pm. If your interested in some Taco stuff, be a...
  11. buddy44

Comette Chopper Trike!

That frame is quite different from the one in the ad. Axel location, foot peg mount, and front seat mount. The fit of the seat and the different color forks would make me wonder if it's not a Comette frame?
  12. buddy44

Engine Vibration Iinsulators

Those rubber isolators are way too long. Something much shorter might help, 1/4" would be better. The old horn insulator bolt off of an old Harley FL Shovelhead might work. It's probably about 1/2" thick with a 5/16 threaded stud on each side.
  13. buddy44

I found a Flexo in the metal pile at the dump!

In about 1969 my brother bought an old one with silver painted steel wheels from a family friend. It was that color. Sort of a metallic magenta/lavender. It looked cool with it's yellow West Bend fan housing and chrome fuel tank. He blew the motor, cut/lowered the engine plate to put a 2 1/2 hp...
  14. buddy44

Rollers for sale

I can't identify the frame but, the white ones front wheel is pre '69 Taco. The fork looks like a butchered Taco too.
  15. buddy44

1968 Taco 99 Frame

Bump Only available with Woods Motor Sports (the bare metal), fork and swing arms. $260 Pick up in SoCal.
  16. buddy44

Bandit Swing Arm or Info

Bump. I'm guessing Bandits are pretty rare.
  17. buddy44

Bandit Swing Arm or Info

5 months later, so maybe some fresh eyes will see this. Sure would like to find the real thing, but in the mean time I'll see if I can scale some dimensions off the photo.
  18. buddy44

1968 Taco 99 Frame

Re-posting this frame. Only available with Woods Motor Sports (the bare metal), fork and swing arms. $260 Pick up in SoCal. I have a set of the later style wheels that I will sell for an additional $100 (only for sale with this frame). FYI, Late in production '68 bikes came with the later style...
  19. buddy44

Tacos made in Texas?

I think they were $750 new back then. $250 is indeed a great deal!
  20. buddy44

Bandit Swing Arm or Info

Bump. Still looking.