Search results

1. T

Do Cat frames have serial numbers ?

7512947...I thought mine was made in the 60's, looks as if I have one of the last :(
  2. T

How can I use this old 6 HP B&S.

I was thinking this engine may have been modded by B&S for the tote gote scooters, walk behind tractor or water/garbage pump.? Anyway, the numbers on the plate attached to the cylinder are as follows; 143302 model, 502549 type and 220941 serial number. What year is this motor?
  3. T

Is there a mini bike that will accommodate a motor that is 17" tall?
  4. T

number one minibike

Seems a shame not to keep it, think it would make for an interesting restore project. I wish I lived closer. Good luck.
  5. T

I probably purchased a $85 shelf queen, but it runs great and sounds like a street bike...it has a mercury clutch, stainless steel muffler and it's been rebuilt by a gentlemen who worked for B&S over 35 years. I only know that it's a 6 HP series 140300 motor from the 1960's...I am sure these...
  6. T

Can someone recommend me replacement forks (Powerdyne)

Sorry Rocco, I've been in and out of the hospital these past few weeks, anyway, I am finally beginning to feel better (knocks on wood). My brother said he will weld the forks for me...I took a grinder to the bad welds today.
  7. T

Will do Rocco, I will call or P.M. you to see when you are available. AJaxMini I believe the engine, fuel tank and engine mount are not original, In fact I am pretty sure the engine mount is off a Powerdyne 1500. Excluding the motor (Which runs very well ;)) I have the bike completely...
  8. T

I found some horrible welds on these forks, they cracked very easily. Can someone recommend me a replacement fork? It doesn't have to be Powerdyne nor do they have to have shocks/springs, I just want forks that will work on my Galaxie/Falcon with some strength, integrity. OldMiniBikes? eBay?
  9. T

I.D. this minibike

Single tube construction with a clifton motor:confused:
  10. T

Can someone I.D. this bike as well.

That is exactly what someone did, the plate from another minibike was welded onto this frame....from what bike and for what purpose? Oh well, I will make the most of it and ensure everything is straight and aligned.:doah:
  11. T

ANOTHER..check out my new ride #2

Cool! krylon dual paint/primer is my plan as well. 60's -70's "vibe" is the word.:thumbsup:
  12. T

Foremost JC Pennt Golden Pinto

That is pretty badass! You did a great job with her, maybe put that narly bell back on, the local PD will dig that as well. Congrats.:thumbsup:
  13. T

Oh I got it...I just wish I knew how the bike originally looked so that I can research the parts needed for the restore.
  14. T

I've been researching these bikes, I think this may be the Falcon model,however, this bike has a crossover drive system :confused: the bikes I found on my web research do not have this which makes me wonder if the bike is a later 1970's model vs. 1960,s, I also noticed the front fork has a few...
  15. T

ANOTHER..check out my new ride #2

I really like that color, it reminds me of the 50's 60's type salmon color, lots of mojo...did you spray or powder coat? My next guitar build is going to be a salmon pink telecaster. :thumbsup:
  16. T

All original SURVIVORS

Indeed this is an awesome thread. I sure wish I could had made it to the Ann Arbor swap meet today, I need parts:doah:
  17. T

No wonder I couldn't remember :confused: Thank you :thumbsup:
  18. T

Rocco told me but I forgot.
  19. T

Another new guy here...Anyone from the Chicago area?

I actually live a 1/2 hour drive north of the city, when I mention the area or town where I live people are like huh? so I always say Chicago, however, I have family in buck town, Lake View and the gold coast, and I work in the loop one or two days a week. The medical district off the...
  20. T

1968 Lil Indian Rat

Totally awesome little bike! Great reuse idea for old plates.