Search results

1. DuffyMechanics

Need Help Finding an Engine

Okay, I started my whole love for minibikes on a baja mini baja, and now i'm on a doodlebug with my built predator. Anyways, i want to build up my old one but truth be told, I'm broke. I really want a v twin but they are pretty expensive for what i'm going for, any suggestions? Thanks
  2. DuffyMechanics

Mini Bike Roller/Frame WANTED

Hi my friend is looking for a mini bike, preferably without an engine in the Fairfield, CT area. His budget is around $175 but he will budge. Anything helps as he is trying to join us and our love for mini bikes. Thanks!
  3. DuffyMechanics

Predator 212 Feels like it has too much compression

Ok thanks a bunch, I'll update you and tell you if I get it right
  4. DuffyMechanics

It takes a true idiotic kid like me :laugh:
  5. DuffyMechanics

Non-Hemi, also this may bother you but I don't have a feeler gauge to check the valve clearance :hammer:
  6. DuffyMechanics

I was just reading a post like this but it was a little different. So I put on my air filter, adapter, breather, new header and 18 lb springs, after tightening the rocker arms, I broke one and bent the rods. So I put the stock springs back in and rockers and rods from another honda clone. But...
  7. DuffyMechanics

Doodle Bug Predator Build

Thanks, I'll try to post updates and videos of it running
  8. DuffyMechanics

Yeah that's what I was thinking of getting, hopefully the valves aren't bent, although I think the pushrods got the worst of it, but I'll update you when I install the rods and arms
  9. DuffyMechanics

Here are the build pictures (along with rocker arm carnage: 212 Mini Bike Build - Album on Imgur
  10. DuffyMechanics

Here are the build pictures:
  11. DuffyMechanics

So let me give you a little background, I'm 14, 6'1 and 230 pounds (I'm a rugby player) and for my birthday last year, I got myself a Doodle Bug off Craigslist ($200 if you were wondering). I'll be straight up here, 2.5 horsepower does not move 230 pounds. I got the Predator 212 from my kart...
  12. DuffyMechanics

5HP Briggs and Stratton Carb Swap

thanks Okay thanks, but I want your opinion. Instead of fixing it, should I just buy a Predator 212? its new, its 1.5 more horsepower and I actually know how to work on it ha! I think I'll just buy a Predator. But what do you think?
  13. DuffyMechanics

Carb Sorry I forgot to quote you, please read above.
  14. DuffyMechanics

Thanks, but what kind of Tecumseh? I want something new, not used. Mostly because I need parts to be available for it in the next few years. thanks!
  15. DuffyMechanics

Hello, I'm new here. But I recently obtained a 5HP Briggs and Stratton that I'm pretty sure runs (My dad said he started it before but I couldn't get it to start). I also purchased a used Baja Doodle Bug (Old Frame) that runs fine. But, I'm a big kid and the 2.8HP engine isn't fast enough for...