Search results

1. A

Carburetor New, Carburater No Worky

I'll check if gas is getting through...from what I can see there is no fuel filter, unless its in the tank. I'll check the basics again and let you know..thanks for the answers..everyone!:rolleyes:
  2. A

Plenty of Gas. :thumbsup:
  3. A

Doodle Bug Baja Racer Completed Today!

Great Job. But, why does it have two air filters..what does the little red one do?:blink:
  4. A

I installed a new carb on my doodlebug...set the idle to a decent rpm, screwed in the spring screw till it seated and backed it out 1 1/2 turns. The dang thing will not start. It ran up and down the street, conked out and I could not get it restarted. Is this a common problem? Did not adjust...
  5. A

Clutch Removal

Can also heat it with your heat gun to expand the metal.:crying:
  6. A

Clutch Rusted on Cannot Get off...sniff!

Yes..it was a prison break and it came with costs. Blood blister from the channel locks slipping. Grouchy dad when the kids came into the garage to play and aching arm muscles from the endless back and forth of the file. Also, I used a good file on it, but also bought some Harbor Freight...
  7. A

Thanks..I picked up a 5/8" clutch on ebay..it was about $23 and some change. I'll keep you link in mind however.:repuke:
  8. A

Clutch ?

I see it depends on the number of teeth on the back sprocket. Thanks:laugh:
  9. A

I finally got the clutch off. I used a file to score a line on the clutch down to the shaft. I also used a drill to put perpendicular holes into the clutch metal and this helped a lot by weakening the area I was filing. It was a very tough and time consuming job.
  10. Rusted On Doodlebug Clutch

Rusted On Doodlebug Clutch

This clutch was rusted on the crank and had to be filed off after the rest of the clutch was pulled off by a gear puller.
  11. Rusted On Doodlebug Clutch

This clutch was rusted on the crank and had to be filed off after the rest of the clutch was pulled off by a gear puller.
  12. Rusted On Doodlebug Clutch

13. Rusted On Doodlebug Clutch

14. Rusted On Doodlebug Clutch

15. Rusted On Doodlebug Clutch

16. Rusted On Doodlebug Clutch

17. A

Clutch ?

How does one choose between 10T, 11T, 12T etc. I have a 3/4" shaft and it currently has a torque converter, but I may switch the engine and use a clutch, but I don't understand why/which clutch with how many teeth to choose? Its a 5.5 predator engine (the new one):hammer:
  18. A

Thanks for this tip. I just might be ablel to locate something I can make into a gear puller!:happybday:
  19. A

I will try this. I have a heat gun and its gets pretty hot. I'll hit it with the penetrating oil and see what can be done! Thanks for the tip.:2guns:
  20. A

I'm leery about putting a 5hp on a doodlebug. I'm no wheely champ. I did manage to buy a harbor freight engine in Abq Craigslist..$70 buck ...couldn't pass it up.:laugh: