Search results

1. jeffe

Fat bike upgrades

You can, but I wouldn't say it's recommended. :) Good points were brought up in the "tav and fat tires" thread. The tav plate is supported by that aluminum angle, without that, it flexes and vibrates and something bad would happen eventually I'm pretty sure. So far, its been reliable...
  2. jeffe

TAV and fat tires

Reposting photo.. I took the tav apart to check the bearings, they're still good after a summer of riding. When I replace them, I'll use some better quality ones.
  3. jeffe

Fat bike upgrades

Reposting photos, not sure what happened to them. Now they're in my album
  4. TAV support

TAV support

5. image1659

image1659

6. Fat bike October 2018

Fat bike October 2018

7. jeffe

TAV and fat tires

So, this is what I came up with. I slotted the seat post, welded in a piece of angle and added a chunk of aluminum angle to connect to the tav. This has been working well all summer but will put a lot of force on the bearings... I'll keep an eye on them.
  8. jeffe

Fat bike upgrades

A kickstand. What? It only rested on a piece of 2x6 for a few years.. :smile: I used a hydraulic cylinder rod end and clevis for the rotating part and a big washer for the foot. A chain tensioner. The engine is now fixed, with a support for the tav plate welded to the seat post. There is a...
  9. jeffe

Christmas Ultra mini

:laugh: I do kind of have the itch to build another one, but it will likely take until 2019 to finish...
  10. jeffe

**** Merry Christmas ****

...and, a merry Christmas from the great white north ! ... Eh ! :laugh:
  11. jeffe

Christmas Ultra mini

It was a popular stocking stuffer. A Tamiya kit. I hope everyone has a nice Christmas :xmas-smiley-016:
  12. jeffe

OHH50 monkeying with jets

Thanks Doc. :) Yeah, my tuning when I ended up with the #71 drill jet was done with the stock filter on. Initially I had been trying it out without a filter, but then I did some reading and found that suggestion on here... :thumbsup: I ordered a clamp on filter and plan to make or buy an...
  13. jeffe

Okay, thanks, I'll check out those carbs. Seems like it's going to run alright for now, so I'll get them to put one on the slow boat for me... :)
  14. jeffe

Like this one? Would it be OHH compatible ? http://https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Carburetor-for-Tecumseh-5HP-6HP-H30-H50-H60-HH60-632230-632272-Engine-Carb-/262991319217
  15. jeffe

Thanks, I thought the carb I was buying at least had the adjustable idle air screw..apparently , I didn't look close enough at the picture.. I didn't measure the cam lobes before I put the cover back on...should have, but it looked okay.
  16. jeffe

I tried a few different jet sizes on my stock Ohh50, the one that came with my new cheap carb (fits a #69 drill) I thought it was lean ...wouldn't rev up. Turns out it was blowing black which I couldn't see initially. Then I tried the jet from the original carb which is stamped with 166 and...
  17. jeffe

Re-pop Carburetors

I got one for my OHH50, it started up right away. It idles okay, I might try to get the plastic plug out so I can tune it. I took the bowl off to measure the jet and the bowl gasket had expanded quite a bit and wasn't going back in. I had an o-ring that was slightly too big so I cut it to size...
  18. jeffe

TAV and fat tires

Thanks, guys, for the suggestions, ideas and pictures Danford1, the sprockets will still be 10-54, so, with the 2.7(?) to 1 of the Tav it would be 14.58:1 in low 'gear'. I'll move the spring to keep it in low longer, it really doesn't need to go 40 mph... if this engine would even get it...
  19. jeffe

TAV and fat tires

It's a cool idea, I'll do some figuring tomorrow. I have noticed , though, that one of the cover mounting holes is nearly tapped through the side of the plate, so I wouldn't put much faith in them.
  20. jeffe

TAV and fat tires

Thanks guys, I'm up for a simple solution, but moving the engine over that much puts it on the frame rail. And I'd have to extend the foot peg on that side... :smile: