Search results

1. mountain38

Briggs Identity?

Good Morning. I need to find a rebuild kit for the carbonator on this Briggs and I cant find the model #. Can anyone help me ID this engine and carb? There is an "E" marked on the bottom of the carb. Thanks! Jason
  2. mountain38

Happy Veterans Day!

I just want to say happy Veterans Day to all of the service men and women out there. I have great respect for everyone of you and for all you have sacrificed over the years. If you have a picture of you when you were in the service lets see it! Thanks all Jason PA
  3. mountain38

Comet 40 Belt Help needed

Hello I am trying to figure out what size belt I am going to need for my Comet 40 driver going to my Horstman driven clutch system. the Horstman is 7 1/2" in diameter and the distance from the center of the crank shaft to center of the driven clutch is 13 1/8. I read that I need a symmetric...
  4. mountain38

NOVA King Cobra Clutch

Has anyone seen a clutch like this before? I have not got the bike running so I don't know if it will function but I thought it was interesting. Thanks! Jason
  5. mountain38

1959 3hp B&S 81302

Hello I pulled this little Briggs off of my 1960 Monkey Ward bike because it will not get spark and I got tired of fighting it. I have come back to it and want to put it back on because my 10 year old boy wants to build his own bike (he has some big ideas :) ) So here is the question: can I get...
  6. mountain38

Nova ?

King Cobra Nova Pics please! So who can tell me anything about this little Nova bike that has found its way to my shop. A buddy of mine found this in his father in laws garage and grabbed it for me (along with a 1976 Hodaka 125). But back to the Nova, I saw the it is 1960's US so that is why I...
  7. mountain38

exhaust bender Recomendations

Hello I am considering buying an exhaust tube bender and didn't know what others out there in the mini bike world are using. I would like to make my own exhaust and prob wont bend anything larger that 1" steel. Any tips or help would be appreciated. Thanks! Jason PA
  8. mountain38

40 or 44 comet wanted

Wanted Comet 40 or 44D set up for my tote gote. I know that climbaway clutches don't come up very often so I figured I would start here. I have blown my mini bike budget just building the jack shafts. Any help appreciated! Thanks everyone! Jason
  9. mountain38

Tote Gote Build 1962 Vietnam era bike

So I have been thinking about this. I am a history kind of guy and I love military history (I am currently an E6 Tanker in the Guard with multiple deployments). Anyway... I was thinking of creating my 1962 Tote Gote mystery model into what it would have looked like if it was issued to a soldier...
  10. mountain38

Tote Gote Jack Shaft Model B

I am looking for the jack shafts for a 1962 Tote Gote with the pillow top bearings. It is not certain what the actual model is, it is cross between a B and 400 series. Here are pics of what is missing. Thanks! Jason
  11. mountain38

bolt on VS screw in / H60

I am going to put on a new exhaust pipe on my H60 and I noticed that there are threads in the exhaust port. I had a couple pipe fitting at my house so I tried and it screwed right in. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to running a strait pipe screwed in vs. a bolt on strait pipe?
  12. mountain38

H60 75083b

Morning, I have a H60 that came on my Tote Gote B/400 (debated if it is original but it sure looks like it is) and the model # (75083B) is not listed when I try to look it up. There is no SN on the tag, just the model #. Has anyone run into this engine before and is it the same as the other...
  13. mountain38

Tote Gote Jack Shaft Specs

Hello I am going to try to build new jack shafts for my Tote Gote Model B/400since it doesn't look like it is easy to find a replacement. It has the pillow type bearings on it and I know I can get those at Tractor Supply. Does any one have a teeth count on the gears that came from the factory...
  14. mountain38

Tote Gote 600 (HELP)

Hello, I just picked up a Tote Gote from a guy because I am a glutton for punishment. I am not 100% sure that it is a 600 series but the research that I have done points in that direction. It has the H60-75083B (I cant find the 75083B on the Tecumseh site) From what I can find it is a 6hp...