Search results

1. bwherry1721

Sportsman 700 Mini Bike Update

Hello: It has been a couple of years since I updated on my Sportsman 700 Mini Bike/Trail Scooter Restoration. It is 90% there! Still working on getting the throttle to behave and some cosmetic issues with the muffler. I wanted to share my latest photos and a few old ones to show how far it...
  2. bwherry1721

Desperate Need for Briggs and Stratton 8 HP Engine for my Sportsman 700 Restore

Hello I am restoring a Sportsman 700 http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/122348-sportsman-700-restoration-update.html I have run into a snag. The original Briggs and Stratton 7.5 HP engine has a crack in the block and cannot be used. I am so close to finishing the...
  3. bwherry1721

Sportsman 700 Restore Update April 3, 2016

Hello Restore project on my Sportsman 700 is going great. Now that the weather is heating up in Colorado we have almost completed our painting of the frame etc. Here is my prior post and here are the new pictures. Very excited as we are getting close to completing the restore...
  4. bwherry1721

1960's Sportsman 700 Trail Scooter

Inherited 1960's Sportsman 700 Trail Scooter kept in old barn for 35 plus years. Only 1500 made in Denver, CO. Anyone have one or heard of this bike? Here are some pics of when it was pulled out of the barn and after cleaning it up a bit. Hoping to restore it but would love some guidance on...
  5. bwherry1721

Hello. My name is Brian and I am the proud owner of Sportsman 700 Trail Scooter

Hello I just inherited a 1960's Sportsman 700 Trail Scooter which was sitting in a barn in Missouri for 35 years! It was manufactured in Denver, CO from 1966 to 1970 I believe. I was told only 1500 bikes were built. I am hoping that someone else has this bike. I am wanting to restore the...