Search results

1. A

Golden Pinto

Not sure if I'm going to put that back on, or not. If I do, I will get back to you. Thanks for the offer!!! Gene.
  2. A

Golden Pinto

Got a chain gard made up and mocked up.
  3. A

Misfit Motor

Needed to go .065. Have a carb issue but got it running.
  4. A

Misfit Motor

I do have the 30552 cam. I checked everything at .035. Looks like it might be good. Probably be a couple of days before I get back to it... I'll let you know if I get it running. Gene.
  5. A

Misfit Motor

Ok, I will check the cam and I was thinking about starting with .035 too. Thank you very much!! Gene. P.S. I can't tell you I did it correctly... I did it on an old lathe where I worked using a pair of calipers. I did have to make the key slot deeper... something I found out after the...
  6. A

Misfit Motor

I tuned down the end of the crank enough for the older flywheel to fit. So I'm not sure what, if anything that tells you. I do know the PS 3.5 crank (the one I used) has .100 longer stroke then the older 3.5.
  7. A

Misfit Motor

Ok, question, I have a 3.5 powersports motor I want to put on my Golden Pinto. I converted it to under the flywheel mag. with parts from an early 3.5 so I could use the early-style tin. My question is: what ign. timing would be correct to use. The motor the parts came from uses .065 BTDC, the...
  8. A

H30 piston

Dave...yes, I have seen many times on here, Markus is the Carrol Shelby of this stuff. And I definitely appreciate all the help and replies from everyone. Gene.
  9. A

H30 piston

I get what Dave was saying now. And I should have known a guy that has a '67 RT knew his stuff. I have owned a bunch of '66-'67 B bodies. And raced a few. But this mini bike stuff still gets my head shaking some times. Really glad I have you guys for tech support!!! Gene.
  10. A

H30 piston

My points cam fits like the one in the correct picture. And I am confused about the camshaft. I am using the crank, piston, rod and cam that came out of block. Not sure how anything would change??
  11. A

H30 piston

Thanks for the extra info! And thanks for taking the time to compare parts!! Just got the rings, seals and stuff yesterday. I still have to deepen the key way. Although, the cam for the points does fit really good. A lot of the grove went away when I turned the snout down. I am going to go back...
  12. A

H30 piston

Hey guy's...I decided to take a different direction. I have a 3.5 Power Sport motor. I took it apart and noticed it had the boses under the flywheel for the ign assy. I drilled and tapped the boses. Then turned the crank down so the flywheel off of the H30 would fit. Now I can use the flywheel...
  13. A

H30 piston

Hey thanks...I rarely check ebay. I had two questionable (to say it nice) experiences with them. Will look tonight. Thanks again, Gene.
  14. A

H30 piston

I have looked everywhere I can think of for a .010 piston and rings for my old H30 engine. Any of you guys have a idea?? Also, are there any performance cams or another stock cam to use that is better?? Thanks, Gene.
  15. A

JC Penny's Golden Pinto Mini Bike

Hello, and you have chosen wisely. In joining this forum and picking a Golden Pinto. I am in the same process. I just got some nice reproduction fork decals from e-bay. Is your white motor, black seat, or??
  16. A

Golden Pinto

Another question, if I do stay with the H30 I found. I would like to have an idea what year it is. Been trying to figure it out. But none of the numbers I have from the motor tag match anything I have found. Info off the tag...Model H30-35245H Serial 30300
  17. A

Gearing question.

I apologize, I read your reply wrong. I do agree with what you said. Gene.
  18. A

Gearing question.

I agree completely. 6-1 is 6-1 no matter what. But do you want the same 6-1 with a 15" diameter tire that you do with a 10' diameter tire? I am not sure you would. Gene.
  19. A

Golden Pinto wheels

If I could, I would put 100 likes on the picture of that add. There were no J.C. Penny stores around us. But my grandmother went to York Pa. every year at Christmas time with a lady friend. She brought home a Penny's catalogue every time. I couldn't wait to see all the stuff. The Pinto I am...
  20. A

Gearing question.

If you can relate these bikes to cars. Which I am pretty sure you can. We always calculate tire diameter into over all gear ratio. A taller tire will give you less, a shorter one more. Is the 6-1 recommended with something like a 4.10 x 6 tire?? Gene.