Search results

1. old shed finds

Rear main drive chain master link??

Do we not have a master link on the 200U rear chain?. I'm still buying everything new and fully restore this Red monster... 2015 build date...
  2. old shed finds

CT200U 525.00 dollar figure. Top shape.

So I hit the 525.00 dollar mark on the Coleman... For all that has been following my post. 325.00 for the bike 200.00 in needed parts to get it into top condition... I love to restore and fix these up so it's worth it to me. Hillard clutch. Jackshaft chain Sunf front tire Rear chain guard in...
  3. old shed finds

Rupp Sprint on SEF fuel and E3 plug.

Day off again and why not play with the Rupp again... Today I decided to have some fun and run it on a E3 spark plug and a can of SEF that advertising that is a ethanol free fuel.... diaphragm carburetor might live now?? Installed the new plug and the can of SEF fuel I rode it throughout the...
  4. old shed finds

Rupp Sprint.

Had the day off from work so did the right thing and take the Sprint out riding. The sears 3hp edger engine can be great for a bike with a 140LB rider. Almost a hour and a half of riding on a tank of gas...Fun day off..
  5. old shed finds

Rupp Sprint 1970s

Great cool looking little bike. Perfect for man cave . Has a newer 80s Tecumseh 3hp. Original Rupp wheels on age cracks Rupp tires. Loves to flip the chain off the sprocket... Missing 2 rear sprocket bolts due to broken cast on rear hub..... Great neat little bike to tear apart and do a full...
  6. old shed finds

Grabbed a CT200U Happy !!

325bucks bought me this bone stick bike. Last owner did a brand new rear tire and both throttle and brake cables. I am going to see how far and long it will run the dirt roads with maintenance and it's original Hisun 196...... This one is a 2015 and original with a 3/4 size crankshaft.
  7. old shed finds

Rupp Sprint plastic cooling fan??

We went with this well running no smoke H30 but very surprised to see a while cooling fan on the flywheel. So it's a newer 1986 and up engine?? Marcus our member will this hold up or come apart and fly away like a frisbee?? The engine is going to be run on the governor..
  8. old shed finds

Nice low hours 10 special.

Can't beat these deals This hardly used Edger showed up on my classified ads.... 1990 year 60102... And a cheap 10 bucks could not pass it by .. 2hp but clean .
  9. old shed finds

Needed 70s Rupp fuel tank

We're building up a 70 Rupp Sprint and need a fuel tank . One with dents and blemish will be fine...... Paying cash or trade our late 60s slant shroud HS40 ... Just PM for details....
  10. old shed finds

Stories of tearing down Dad's lawn mower.

Just a fun story topic. I had the curious though of how our Briggs and Tecumseh worked so I loved to take them apart at 9 years old or so to see and understand how they worked... Instead of spanking I got told to put it back together and mow the lawn!! I always love these little engines and it's...
  11. old shed finds

HS40 engine on our Rupp?

Most of all thanks everyone for help and information.... I hate to do it but I have a few HS40 snowblower engine's and threw one on the Rupp Sprint project ..Now with the goofy small flywheel with the ring gear cause too much vibration? It's a low hours engine but still doing a valve job and...
  12. old shed finds

New Rupp Sprint project.

Grabbed this little bike tonight . Was glad to see the original wheels still on and good shape.. Was told it's a 1970 Rupp Sprint. Time to get a parts list together.
  13. old shed finds

Carbon Quiz ?

All of our 5 hp experts what the heck made this engine build tons of carbon around the valves and have a perfect clean piston.. ? It's been on a Tote Gote 2 years with hour or two riding trips...Too cold of spark plug? Premium 91 octane fuel? Two years ago it was spotless clean with new intake...
  14. old shed finds

Question on the known power gain to a 2hp head swap on a 3hp?

Had these both torn down and the heads look identical? A 2hp and 3hp 'on the bike'.. There is a rumor that we can get a power gain of swapping a 2hp head on our 3hp...? Have I got two 3hp heads? Is there stamping on a 2hp head to identify it?
  15. old shed finds

I'm still here .. With record heat all month.. dug my project out..

Grabbed the project out of the tarp where it's been all month with 100 plus degrees been too hot to build. With it's HS40 it's in the process of building the best brake system... Clutch drum brake ? Or rear skid brake? What's your advice.
  16. old shed finds

HS40 Tecumseh exhaust port ?

For the correct look pulling this goofy predator looking exhaust muffler on this original 1968 HS40 have pipe threads to allow a pipe and mini bike muffler?? Its not all that cool looking and having hot exhaust blowing next to the left leg..??
  17. old shed finds

Coleman fire up today

Well after sitting in shed 5 months and 5 month old garbage new gas the 2018 hemi fired up after 39 pulls yes " Choke On " Guess this is my bad !! I will have some fun and burn all this fuel up... Fun bike Hemi swap with a CVT drive....
  18. old shed finds

Favorite bike ??

Is it just me or how many of us have our favorite bike? 15 bikes in my collection I will always grab my Mini Gote. With it 42 degree day today I grabbed this bike changed the oil and flew it around the block several times.. Have many to choose but grab this one..... Photo share you're favorite...
  19. old shed finds

Front forks that fall out..

On our garden beater the spring forks were soaked with WD40 for a week then started to work.... One good bump and they stayed stuck upward... So lightly tapping with brass hammer they moved downward. .but one last tap the lower tubes and wheel fell off the bike?? What the heck should hold them...
  20. old shed finds

My first HS40 roller build.

Long story short.This bike came together today and Wow how the Tecumseh HS40 will pull a mini bike and quick... Check operating of the kill switch several times before riding this quick mini rod.......