Search results

1. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

I put a mikuni VM30-83 on mine, although its pretty big compared to your KM48. I actually have a KM48 I'm piecing together as well, I'm having the PTO flywheel custom made by a gentleman in the UK as parts are impossible to find. As of now I'm machining the transmission assembly, more pics...
  2. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

Just to be clear the adapter is already made and on the engine with one of the two gilmer drive pulleys. I will have pics of it up this weekend. Just some general pics of the adapter being turned down and some final surface grinding to get it as flat and symmetrical as possible, since its gonna...
  3. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

Update: Got a Gilmer belt drive water pump kit for a small block chevy off of ebay. Had a tapered puck made from S7 steel to fit on the crank and bolt up one of the pulleys. I'm going to run a jackshaft to the engine, then run the clutch off of the jackshaft to the wheel so the front to...
  4. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

I wish it was that exciting... The transmission is turning out to be a real pain because it requires a fair bit of machining, and all I got is an angle grinder I'm out of state for work till August 15th so I'm hoping to come back and do er the latter half of August.
  5. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

Good stuff. We gotta race when I get the clutch all set up haha. I'm going to make a belt drive off the motor to a jackshaft welded on the frame, then run a Noram Star Clutch off the jackshaft to the rear wheels.
  6. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

That sounds awesome. Have any pics of it? What kind of transmission and brake setup did you use?
  7. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

Yeah I'm going to have to implement some wheelie bars, the 303 was never the fastest sled but it sure was a stump puller. Sled weighed almost 500lbs without the rider, had a hitch for all the crap you wanted to drag around too
  8. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

Thanks rob, I'm going to go with a regular 1" keyed shaft clutch, like something you'd see on a gx390 honda kart. Biggest issue is gonna be lining up the clutch with the wheel sprocket. I'll probably have to make a jackshaft of sorts to take the input of the engine and line it up to the...
  9. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

Video update today got the engine running on the bike frame pics attached of some details too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6A2_HmRlhc
  10. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

Today tried welding the exhaust with my buzz box, blew a hole through the first tubing even on 40 amps. gotta take it to the local meineke tomorrow and have them mig it. just a straight through header with an RLV silencer at a 90 degree bend to clear the back tire. should keep it warm and sticky...
  11. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

I rebuilt the engine about half a year ago. Had it apart down to the rotor, de-carbonized everything very carefully and reassembled. Has good compression. As you may note I did a little carb conversion to a mikuni VM30 roundslide since the original tillotson that came with the motor is known...
  12. S

303 Wankel Azusa Build

Hey guys, Thought I'd register and share something cool I'm working on. I've always skimmed this site when googling minibike stuff so where better to post my junk lol What we got here is an engine thats way too big to be on an azusa frame. This 303 Wankel Rotary engine came off of a 1971...