Search results

1. D

Trail Bike project

Thanks for the info and thoughts......The 2strokes are out of my budget. I have kinda thought about widening the two frame tubes but I doubt that I could bend them enough without damage to clear the 125 cylinder fins.It might be worth a shot since the frame is otherwise just scrap metal I...
  2. D

Not new but been gone

I have been gone for a long time. Other things have gotten in the way. I am again looking to get me a project MB. For some reason I can not view any pics. I am an old fart and have not idea why I can't see any pics. Help
  3. D

Trail Bike project

The Kawasaki 100 has 18" wheels and is not a mini bike as such. I have looked at the lifan motors but the cylinder will not fit between the front frame down tubes or I would like to make some adaptor mounts. That 125 would be a great motor to put into this frame and then it would have a...
  4. D

Trail Bike project

I have an old 70's Kawasaki 100cc trail bike that has no motor. I have been thinking about installing a 212 Preditor. I suppose that a TC would be a much better option than a clutch. Has anyone ever done this. I am sorry if this is not the place for this and if it is just delete it. Thanks...
  5. D

Another hacked up what is it

Amen.....garage queens are useless IMO
  6. D

Hemi???

The aluminum valve cover is the ticket.....thanks
  7. D

Something I stumble up on.

Motorheads are motorheads.
  8. D

Hemi???

I just found one on egay but it looks just like any other 212 engine. How does one tell if he is getting a Hemi or not?
  9. D

Non-Hemi build

I have found this thread informative. Maybe it should be included in a tech area.
  10. D

Hemi???

Is the Predator 212 the same engine as the Predator 212 hemi?
  11. D

Another hacked up what is it

Why restore? It looks good as it is, at least for my shop. I'd ride it as is and be proud.
  12. D

Tote Goat Twist Throttle Ideas

Just my opinion but I just hate those thumb throttles. The snowmobile crowd seems to like them but twist grip is much better for me.
  13. D

2nd Childhood

Depending on when and where the MBM is held I would like to join in on the fun.
  14. D

Simplex Sportsman

I rode one of these back in the mid 60's. It had a racing Mac engine on it with 3 carbs and reed valves. It was in the era of some heavy gocart racing and the guy that had it was a racer. It was quite fast and had great acceleration as well. I never got it to top speed but I am sure it would run...
  15. D

Montgomery Wards mini bike chain woes

Probably not the problem but frame flex will also allow the chain to come off. Just a thought. A loose motor or broken motor mount will also do the same as a frame flex
  16. D

Baja Warrior????

Thanks for the heads up. I am still going to take a look but I do know what to look for now. I can repair just about any issue. I have built 3 hotrods. Actually 2 and a dune buggy. Raced dirt bikes until I got to old. Not to mention all the bicycles that I have re-done and built from bare frames.
  17. D

things to be Aware of with Baja Warrior bikes > picture Heavy

Never was a truer statement made. ...... I have a step-son that is almost 40 and we are still supporting his lazy butt. What a joke. I have never had to support either of my adult children. They learned to take care of themselves.
  18. D

New (to me) Baja Warrior - Fixing Previous Owner problems

OND .... How does the jackshaft eliminate the clutch. I am new to this minibike thing but I would think that a TQ would be needed to eliminate the clutch. Just my ignorance maybe.
  19. D

Tote Goat Twist Throttle Ideas

Actually the beer can ideer is not a bad one. The price is right and it will work just fine and it is not permanent so if you run across what you need it will be an EZ change. If the al. shim stays for years nobody but you will know the diff.
  20. D

Baja Warrior????

I going to look at a used Warrior to buy. Being new to this game, is there anything that I should look for to stay away from?