Search results

1. J

Looking for Manco thunderbird front fender

Bump, still looking for one to buy
  2. J

5hp briggs clutch mounting issue and bolt size??

Got your PM, thanks, replied. Don't think that one is going to work for me. Thank you though.
  3. J

Well, I did buy a carb and intake specifically for it, and it runs well. I'll have to hit up Beekeeper to see if he'll ship that crank. I'd totally swap cranks at this point. Someone else told me a Bravex style clutch would work, but I'd have to bolt it still, and I suspect the keyway still...
  4. J

My Manco Thunderbird (so far)

Hi all, wanted to share a pic of my Manco Thunderbird I've been building. Having a few set backs but enjoying it. Can't wait to finish it. After this photo was taken I wired up my kill switch. Still need to find/make a header for it, and find a front fender. I nicknamed it the junkyard dog. I...
  5. J

Looking for Manco thunderbird front fender

Does anyone have a front fender or know of one in the aftermarket world that would work for my thunderbird build? Thank you
  6. J

Crank snout is 1.25" in length.
  7. J

I'll have to measure that this evening when I get home. does a long snout crank exist I could easily swap in?
  8. J

My crank is not that long. The clutch slides on, and hits the side of the engine, and the section of the clutch with the keyway and slot is not on the crank. If I flip it back around it would work but the chain would not be straight at all.
  9. J

I'm seriously >>.<< close to finishing my mini bike build.... but I'm hitting a fairly large snag.. So my engine is a 5hp briggs flathead and I'm using the typical centrifugal clutch but I have to flip the clutch so the sprocket is on the inside towards the engine.... so the chain lines up...
  10. J

Questions about my briggs flathead on manco tbird project

Well, the game changed a little yesterday when I was given a 5hp briggs flathead. It has a 3/4 shaft. But it won't run. I sprayed carb cleaner in it and also dropped some gas down the carb and it would fire... but not stay running. I took the carb apart and cleaned it but still won't run. It has...
  11. J

Questions about my briggs flathead on manco tbird project

Hey folks, haven't posted really since I signed up, busy life.. Anyway found a little time to work on my mini bike today, and I noticed some things I may have an issue with. Holding some folks can assist or shed some light and help me get this thing going. First of all, finding a 5/8 shaft...
  12. J

Wanted: plastic model builder for minibike model kit.

You're welcome folks. I'm a rookie on weathering models, so anyone can do it.
  13. J

Must be the case. I can't even quote stuff. Weird. Anyway, glad someone recognized the Crusher haha! As far as the rust solution goes, I'll PM on how to do it.
  14. J

A few questions about my Manco Thunderbird... may need parts

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at that thread later this evening. I really appreciate your input. I'm sure I'll have more questions.
  15. J

A few questions about my Manco Thunderbird... may need parts

Hey there, hoping someone can help me out. I got this thing this week. I have an engine and the bike is mostly complete but there's a few things I need before I can run it. I need new springs for the kickstand and the scrub brake... I have none. I know I can make something work just wondering...
  16. J

ugh why can't I use photobucket links here! frustrating! I just finished the '55 Chevy truck just last week. Had been working on it off and on for 3 years.
  17. J

New guy from southern Ohio

Hey folks, My name is Jesse. I just picked up my first mini bike recently off of the facebook marketplace (of all places!) Hoping to get it fixed up and going for the summer. I've always wanted a mini bike ever since my dad sold his when I was a little kid. Here's the picture of it...