Search results

1. B

Engine wanted

Thanks. Someone really did a sloppy job on this motor
  2. B

Engine wanted

Happen to have a used H70 flywheel? Do you know if the geared (electric start) and non-geared are interchangeable in a pull start application?
  3. B

Engine wanted

Looking for a new 4-5hp 4 stroke for a mini bike.
  4. B

Some questions on Torque Converters

The mini was someones project, like 98% finished. Unsure what it all has done to it, I am just redoing the fine points, like a throttle return, rear fender, choke set-up etc. Noticeable is the disabled governor (I put it back on for the kid). It has a torque type drive with variable drive...
  5. B

Speedway clutch info

No, I am unsure which it is. However, in reading the thread on torque converters in this forum, I thought it said some were only the driver w/fixed drivens, som are both. I can see why both would be better. I am contemplating replacing the fixed one.
  6. B

I thought about upgrading one... but why? Really, I would have gotten a rolling chassis, why mess with that 2.8 at all? I just don't think it would hold up. Under load it really was spewing oily smoke. Plus, with a TAV-2, you'd be at over $400 bucks and still have 2.8 HP in a motor I would...
  7. B

We tried a Doodle Bug. It sucked. No power at all. I don't think even a new torque converter system will give it much help. Those Lifan motors seem to be garbage. With a 130 lb rider, a brand new doodle bug would not go up a small incline at all. The motor starting spewing smoke. They will...
  8. B

Speedway clutch info

First, is this a "variable" system? It seems to be, at least on the drive part. The driven part seems to be non-variable, the pully is fixed, one-piece. Is this correct?
  9. B

Speedway clutch info

Have anyone familiar with the clutch system on a Speedway?