Search results

1. holypotatoes

Coleman bt200x won't start

This may sound odd, but I've had a mini bike where the plastic piece over the filter had the choke diagram wrong, so when you thought it was off it was really on and vice versa. I'm assuming you have already looked at that though since you've had the carb off, so I doubt it'd be that. Just...
  2. holypotatoes

Revisiting the Lemon Peeler....aka Ruttman Spyder

That color is definitely more lemony than the first; I like it. Then again I'm a fan of yellow in all shades. Looks great even with your 1990's phone. :p
  3. holypotatoes

Coleman BT200X Mystery Bike

These things have officially rolled out. I just saw one posted on craigslist near me still in the box. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/snw/d/mini-bike-coleman/6674065225.html It'll be interesting to see the reviews once there are more of them out there.
  4. holypotatoes

And they just gave it to him out of the goodness of their heart right? No, he has what looks like 90,000 (I just looked at his channel) subscribers. You cannot tell me Coleman isn't aware of that. I highly doubt they're just reading letters sent in and not looking at the internet to see what's...
  5. holypotatoes

I haven't contacted them at all because I have zero intention on buying another Coleman :wink:, but considering Coleman was sending out various kits to Youtubers to try out different front forks and whatnot I can assume they've been hearing requests from someone.
  6. holypotatoes

The problem is we all know that it doesn't cost them an extra $300 to add rear shocks. Maybe look at what people have been asking for and do that for a reasonable price versus just redoing what you already have. I mean, they likely had to redo their machinery to make way for the new pipe...
  7. holypotatoes

Man that thing is ugly as sin. Put a :anon.sml: on it and it'll look better. You'd think Coleman would have learned by now that people want front and rear suspension. Not just fatter, uglier pipes that are likely to be paper thin and not actually give you any strength/support.
  8. holypotatoes

New rides entry: 1972 Fox Fx 200 Thunderbolt

holypotatoes 1972 Fox Fx 200 Thunderbolt From a bleak roller, to a shiny new looking beast! I rebuilt a Fox FX200 Thunderbolt as my first official rebuild and I think it turned out quite nice if I do say so myself. There are a few imperfections as I had to keep repeatedly taking things apart...
  9. holypotatoes

Replacement rear brake shoes for Fox fx200 Thunderbolt?

I can definitely see why you'd think the way they had it in the photo wasn't right. :laugh: It's amazing how something so small and innocuous can be so frustrating.
  10. holypotatoes

Turns out it was my cable all along despite having replaced it twice before even buying new shoes. :hammer: The sandblasting did nothing though and I was ready to ditch it and say to hell with back brakes, but then figured I'd go with a shorter cable to minimize bends like you recommended and...
  11. holypotatoes

I am using the motorcycle cables and levers, yes, but the cable does have a few bends in it so it could very well be that. I'm also thinking maybe I need to sand the drum a little more. It's awfully smooth for something that's meant to be grabbing another smooth surface. I'm going to take the...
  12. holypotatoes

The brake shoes fit markus, thanks! :thumbsup: Unfortunately I still have no brakes despite replacing the shoes and cable, and sanding the drum. :cursing: These brakes will be the end of me.
  13. holypotatoes

Going off of their measurements in the picture and remeasuring mine across the pad it looks like those will work Thanks Markus! If anything even if they don't work I'll just be in the same boat that I'm currently in. And another $20 down the drain isn't going to kill me. :biggrin:
  14. holypotatoes

Okay, quick question, the measurement of my drum is 103mm x 25mm deep and Myron's site is saying you'd have to round. Which way would be best? Would I want to go for a 105mm shoe and hope that it'll be smaller than the drums 103mm of space, or do I round down to 100mm? My original shoes are 97...
  15. holypotatoes

Thanks Markus I'll check it out. :thumbsup: The shoe that was on it is a Grimeca but there's no other identification marks or numbers to find out which ones they are.
  16. holypotatoes

CT200U - What's this noise?

The jingling is also the little cotter pins holding on the clutch cover. If you hold them down or tape them you'll also notice a decrease in the jangling. :thumbsup:
  17. holypotatoes

Hi everyone! Happy Memorial Day! I ran across a new issue with my Thunderbolt and I'm hoping someone knows the part number or where to look, but I'm in need of new rear brake shoe for the Fx200 Thunderbolt. I've attempted to buy shoes simply by using measurements but I've now had 2 failed...
  18. holypotatoes

The stuff that happens when you are bored.

I haven't tried wrapping a predator tank yet, but you'd likely do it in 2 sheets: dip the top half with one piece, then dip the bottom half with a 2nd versus trying to do it all in one. A secret to not having to tape off when worrying about overlapping the film is to do one section then let it...
  19. holypotatoes

The stuff that happens when you are bored.

I'm surprised you guys haven't tried hydrodipping. It's pretty easy to do and looks great. Plus there's hundreds of various films you can buy from camo, to flames, to skulls, to graffiti prints. You name it they likely have it. Your swirls are looking great though EVOL. :thumbsup:
  20. holypotatoes

Great exhaust pipe. OMG

Looks about as good as the one I made for myself this week. :anon.sml: But at least I'm not trying to sell my for $32.99. I'm just trying to avoid burning my leg and seat. :blink: