Search results

1. BingCrosby

OHH vs OHSK vs OH195...does it interchange?

So I have an OHSK70 which I was intending to convert to a mini bike motor. As I understand, Tecumseh carried the OHSK70 over to the new naming convention in 2004 as the OH195SA. Before I go blow a wad of cash on OH195SA parts for an OHSK70, these are the same engine, right? At least some parts...
  2. BingCrosby

Aggie re-restoration

I'll probably try some gas proof epoxy, I just need to clean the tank out of rust and junk. Does muriatic acid work for that? I have heard of it being used but I've also heard of other methods with less harsh fluids like vinegar. The blue is not original, unfortunately. It was a rattle can...
  3. BingCrosby

Aggie re-restoration

Well, the gas tank's a dud. One of the two underside mounts has come completely disconnected inside the tank. I don't really have any way to remedy this, so a different metal tank will have to suffice. Off to the WANTED section... The wheels are significantly more pitted than I expected. Several...
  4. BingCrosby

Aggie re-restoration

First up, the engine. This was the aforementioned Briggs 3 HP engine. While it runs fine, and has no real issues aside from ailing paint, my Aggie was a Tecumseh frame, and by jove, I will have a Tecumseh!!!!! Here is the poor victim of circumstance. I have no intention of getting rid of this...
  5. BingCrosby

Aggie re-restoration

Once upon a time I flocked to this site to ask questions and show off my Aggie 97 mini bike. Well it's been 5 years and the stuff I did not do to it that I should have are eating away at my soul. Here is the beginning, the completion of my restoration in high school. The white/blue color...
  6. BingCrosby

Aggie 97 restore questions

This was what I was doing back when I first tried to rebuild it, guess high school me didn't have the patience to wait a few days. Whoops! Good to know the service papers describe it as a bolt and nut... I never want anyone to have to go through this again in the future and fully intended to...
  7. BingCrosby

Should probably have specified: It's the bolt that holds the forks to the frame. The actual name escapes me
  8. BingCrosby

I'm currently in the process of re-doing my high school "restoration" of my Aggie 97. One thing I couldn't do then that I want to do right is remove the booger'd-up fork stud bolt. It was held on by two nuts (I thought!!) but removal of both and significant beating did not remove it. Is this a...
  9. BingCrosby

B&S Powered Minibikes

The first Troy Ruttman bikes were built by the Michrina Brothers of Lil' Indian fame, too! It's all connected...o_O
  10. BingCrosby

Anybody else have a obsession with engines?

2 Tec HS50's, an H35, one Briggs 80202 3 HP, a Briggs 6 horse OHV motor patiently awaiting to become an Animal, and a Honda GX160. I have plans to thin out the herd a bit (specifically in the OHV area) but not before making them more desireable.
  11. BingCrosby

B&S Powered Minibikes

King O'Lawn made three mini bikes for JC Agajanian with ascending horsepower Briggs motors: the 3 HP Aggie 96, the 4 HP Aggie 97, and the 5 HP Aggie 98. One thing to note is that the 97 was sold past 1969, when they switched from the Briggs 4 HP to the Tecumseh HS40.
  12. BingCrosby

The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

King O'Lawn made three mini bikes for JC Agajanian with ascending horsepower Briggs motors: the 3 HP Aggie 96, the 4 HP Aggie 97, and the 5 HP Aggie 98. One thing to note is that the 97 was sold past 1969, when they switched from the Briggs 4 HP to the Tecumseh HS40.
  13. BingCrosby

179cc engines 49.99 from surplus center

LCT is what became of Tecumseh after 2008. In theory, you're buying Tecumseh clones ;)
  14. BingCrosby

eBay Custom Frame Bike

22mm carburetor, has a billet rod and a .010 piston in it. Have considered getting a 245 cam as well, and am ordering stronger (18 lb) valve springs. Nothing too major, just a small bump up.
  15. BingCrosby

1967 Sears Runabout

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the results!
  16. BingCrosby

71 BW HS40 engine

As far as I know, the 1971 HS40 does not use the big lobe MCR cam, but the previous year (1970) did. One of the more serious guys will probably be able to elaborate.
  17. BingCrosby

Todays score filled Moms trunk..

I'm talking about the whole motor, not just the round shroud. I should have worded that better...o_O
  18. BingCrosby

Todays score filled Moms trunk..

What a steal! All the round shroud HS40's I see sell for 300+ no matter the condition. Use your powers for good, not evil!
  19. BingCrosby

eBay Custom Frame Bike

No, I got it from a H35 I bought off of these forums. It's a copy of a Taco Frijole. Gonna try to come up with a pun on beans for a name ;)
  20. BingCrosby

eBay Custom Frame Bike

From the listing.