Search results

1. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Everyone has been so helpful and willing to share their knowledge so I don’t have to make as many dumb mistakes haha. I have been so impressed and grateful how great everyone has been
  2. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Designed my own chain tensioner over the weekend.
  3. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

It does idle when I start it. Crazy how much more power the predator made. It’s not even on the same planet anymore
  4. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

There happens to be one of those police speed radar trailers around the corner from my house. I took the minibike past it going up a pretty steep hill and it clocked me at 33 mph
  5. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

I actually got the minibike running last night. Yay!!!! there is one thing I noticed on putting it together, the carburetor doesn’t like to close all the way. I already put on a stronger spring on the throttle lever, but that hasn’t helped. And troubleshooting it seems to be the throttle return...
  6. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

I canceled the order for the OMBW plate because it was out of stock and got the BMI Karts one.
  7. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

I found this video on YouTube as well as this post. Is one of these the correct or better way of doing it? https://affordablegokarts.com/pages/doodlebug-build-up
  8. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Haha that’s funny. I just need to know which way the plate goes (short side vertical slots facing right or left) and and where I’m supposed to drill the holes
  9. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Are there written instructions or a good how to video on how to install the motor mount plate? The BMI mount I just got today doesn’t have any instructions
  10. baj0411

Chain Tensioner

I got it. I’m assuming you put a washer or something between the bar and the frame on the bottom hole to allow it to swing more easily
  11. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

That sounds much more reasonable. I realized I used the wheel diameter and not width. So 27 MPH seems pretty decent
  12. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

These are the tires I bought.
  13. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

11.86 mph??? That’s what was calculated. That’s lower than the stock 97cc
  14. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

What is will be the ~ top speed of my bike once I’m done? 12T clutch with 65T rear sprocket
  15. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Traveling next week?
  16. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Do you have the bolt kit? You wouldn’t happen to be heading down to the valley this weekend would you? My wife is out of town so I’m playing Mr. mom this weekend.
  17. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Is yours new? What brand is it?
  18. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

@Fat Tony157 that’s a nice setup you have there. I really like those wheels and tires, what are they?
  19. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

Good to know. Maybe I won’t worry about it then
  20. baj0411

Baja Blitz Motor Upgrade

I’ve seen caps like this. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnk-ptc?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-_j1BRDkARIsAJcfmTEbBwpY4F_JWBti1P4SXtTFXI38-tEy6wwgP5okg7oKdSaGs86Js8gaAmebEALw_wcB