Search results

1. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

That's what I've done so far. I was curious what others have been experiencing.
  2. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

The county sheriff doesn't patrol back in our quiet neighborhood that much.
  3. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

To try and clarify. I would prefer to off road on US National Forests and BLM when camping. However, those areas are posted with street legal signs. My understanding is, AZ MVD requires a vehicle to be street legal, a registration and license plate is required for that, as do the US National...
  4. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

It appears riding on private property may be the only "legal" option here when the Tote Gote is stock? I do not see it worth the effort to make it street legal.
  5. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

Does anyone know where a non Tote Gote fits in the Arizona and National Forest off road regulations. I haven't contacted the Arizona Game and Fish Dept, Arizona MVD or the National Forest Service yet...
  6. I

Tote Gote Model B

The plate was moved and modified, likely when the motor was replaced. As shown here the slotted ones are set too far back. I could slot the holes being used.
  7. I

Tote Gote Model B

Slotting forward will of course allow for a tighter belt. With more grip, not sure that will help. Thanks
  8. I

Tote Gote Model B

The original plate was very likely modified or replaced, possibly when the newer (1996) B&S 5hp engine was installed. I surely could slot the holes if that could help. The new belt (1422V460, same size as previous) has better tension, the old one was slipping more.
  9. I

Tote Gote Model B

Well, hopefully this makes sense. The holes in the frame mounting plate that align to the model B arch are not slotted.
  10. I

Tote Gote Model B Expanded Metal ?

I've gotten this far with fitting the screens. Not exactly like the oem. Although I am using the already drilled holes and the #8x3/4" panhead sheetmetal fasteners that had been securing the old sides.
  11. I

Tote Gote Model B

The belt squeals on our Tote Gote Model B. Being a novice when it comes to these bikes, since there is no clutch control, I am wondering if there is an adjustment to prevent the bike from trying to propel it when not on the rear stand. The belt is a new replacement of the one that was on it...
  12. I

I've traced patterns on cardboard in order to cut out the expanded metal. Not going to wrap it over the top though. Thanks again.
  13. I

What to use for exhaust pipe?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/walker-flex-tubing-sold-by-foot-40000/10082970-P
  14. I

Thanks for the diagram and corrected metal strip dimension. A 4ft x 4ft sheet of #13 flat steel expanded metal from the local metal supplier is about $60. My late brother-in-law had sheet metal covers on it.
  15. I

My understanding is the original Tote Gote expanded metal screen covering the sides had strips of metal holding it in place with measurements of 1/16" thick X 1/2" wide. They were spot welded to the edge of the screen. The screen was 1/2" expanded metal ( 1/2" opening ). Are there any...
  16. I

Model B Tote Gote Belt Tension

The old Gote belt tension is less than desirable due to the jackshaft bearing holders drifting after being adjusted. This is also causing the chains to over tighten while in operation. The bolts holding the jackshaft bearing holders in place are torqued to 35 ft Lbs. Possibly using tooth lock...
  17. I

Tote Gote Model B Chain Tension Adjustment

I swapped out the fuel nozzle from the new old stock military carb I bought off of Ebay and it runs much better.
  18. I

Both chains may need to be replaced, the engine seems to strain. I use Dupont chain lube, however they seem to have more resistance than they should...
  19. I

They were more than 1/2" to 3/4". The belt is still slipping a little, though that could be due to it being old and likely stretched. The engine is running and idling without having to stay on the throttle, however it seems to miss at mid to high rev.