Search results

1. W

Worth it but what is it ???

Hello to anyone who can help. Think I ran into an issue with the Torque Converter. Naturally it is pretty worn and ceased up and I need to get to the front sprocket to replace it. At a place now where it feels like I might bend or even break it trying to remove it from the jack shaft. So...
  2. W

Tecumseh 8HP Electronic Ignition Question

Hello... Looking for comments and suggestions for changing my 1974 Tecumseh 8HP motor over to Electronic Ignition. Original to my Super Bronc, but going through everything now to get it running and wondering if conversion is a good idea. I've heard that there may be issues with the pickup "if...
  3. W

Tecumseh 8hp Electronic Ignition

Hello... Looking for comments and suggestions for changing my 1974 Tecumseh 8HP motor over to Electronic Ignition. Original to my Super Bronc, but going through everything now to get it running and wondering if conversion is a good idea. I've heard that there may be issues with the pickup "if...
  4. W

A couple of updates, I worked like heck to figure out the chain size, everything pointed to a #40 or #420, but as it turns out it is a #428, everything else was just too small. I also dug up a photo of where I picked the Super Bronc, and an ad from a 6/74 Popular Mechanics, the same year as the...
  5. W

Got a couple of more questions if anyone can provide the assistance... How does the fuel line get routed?? Through the engine housing? Where might I be able to find front end brake parts, looks like I have the drum. I have a large spring that seems to go to nowhere, but I have seen some...
  6. W

Thank you for the visual, your forks do look wider. The spread between the forks on my '74 Super Bronc is about 9.25 inches, so that same rear tire surely won't work.
  7. W

Does anyone know what the original front / rear tire sizes are?? Currently I have a 21x12x8 Carlisle Knobby in the rear, but see that size is no longer in production. Wondering if that is original or a larger replacement?
  8. W

This is where it begins...
  9. W

LOL, I was trying to be true to the post... went to see it for $500, after posting I just couldn't leave it alone and ended up buying it for $300. It does change almost everything, lol... I have some $$ for a fuel pump, ignition parts and hoses. Going for a Roadkill restore if this will let me.
  10. W

Thank you for the notes on the governor, I asked because it is built into the shroud and looks to be fun to remove to service. Did a little research and though the photo doesn't really show it, the down tubes are tapered out for the larger tire, I think the previous owner just went for a...
  11. W

I see that I have a governor on the engine, how necessary is this item? Please be gentle, I really am a noobie...
  12. W

Thank you for the insights, a '74 should be fun. Now that I have been looking at it, I'm almost afraid that if I put paint on it, I will have to "finish" it, lol. I think the shocks will clean up as will the front fender, but the rear is toast and as such really can't get much worse. The seat...
  13. W

Edited... I ran across this Super Bronc at my neighbors and purchased it for $300 and but am wondering what exactly it is and how to get, where to get stuffs to get it going. It does come with the seat (heavily worn) and shocks (probably need replacing but where), looks like it is missing a...