Search results

1. B

Fork tube sleeve replacement ideas

Look for Nylatron. That is the name brand for a special plastic that can be easily machined but wears really well. It can even wear steel down. Comes in lots of different shapes solids, rounds, and sheets. Used for bushings, washers and places that ordinarily plastic would fail. McMaster Carr...
  2. B

Just accidentally grinded my welds and tube, it looks like crap. What do i do now?

Use a regular cold chisel for metal and a small hammer if needed to knock off the splatter. Then use a fine cut flat file to finish cleaning up the surface. Just make sure that you are rolling the file with the contour of the frame tube as you are filing. You don’t want to hold the file still...
  3. B

Ohlsson and rice or Tas p7 engine for little petro wanted

I have two of them one is complete and the other one may be missing something. Always kept inside I haven’t looked at them for awhile. If interested let me know and I can look them over and send you pictures. Located in Pa.
  4. B

tecumseh part numbers

It may mean a change to the part that is an improvement over the previous version. But it will also fit the previous application but it may look slightly different. Like maybe a gas tank with a different fill, different outlet or location of it. Possibly the first version wasn’t ideal or working...
  5. B

best way to cut off unwanted welded on brackets and added steal to frames

After using a cutoff wheel I would use a small right angle grinder to get close. But for the final step I would be using a flat smooth cut hand file. It’s easier to maintain the round tubing shape. You won’t get as many flat spots because you can keep the file moving to follow contours when...
  6. B

NOT MINE

He tried a switch and bait BS with me too. I live close to him or his listed location and wanted to just pick it up but then it was sold. And he wanted to sell other stuff but didn’t get back to me.
  7. B

H50 Snow blower motor

Excellent information, thank you so much. The responses I received were exactly what I wanted to know about the H50 line of Tecumseh engines. I don’t often post on here because I am limited in my knowledge of the mini bikes. But I do visit the group site nearly every day. Antique and vintage...
  8. B

H50 Snow blower motor

Thank you for the information and application of the H50 Tecumseh to the early mini bikes. Exactly what I was looking for.
  9. B

H50 Snow blower motor

I have found a old snow blower with a H50 motor on it in running condition and in descent looking shape. Would this be a good candidate to use on a earlier 70 mini bike. The model # is H50 65472P and the serial # is 31450. I can probably purchase it for around $50 or less. Thanks for any advice...
  10. B

Spring Meet in Oley, PA

The drag racing is still on. You need a helmet and brakes.
  11. B

Brake cables with 3/8" Barrels for A Heald Trike Needed

Flanders Co. for cable parts.
  12. B

MTD Western Flyer SS400

My MTD has the model and serial number on a tag located on the top triple tree.
  13. B

What Tig Welder?

Lincoln brand is red, Miller brand is blue.
  14. B

Hi, do you have a kit number or the cutter numbers? Thanks

Hi, do you have a kit number or the cutter numbers? Thanks
  15. B

Jiangoong 5.5 leaky fuel tank

I would remove the window and solder a metal disc over the area.
  16. B

MTD - Columbia

I would be interested in that bar and could straighten it. I could also purchase both of the bars if needed. Please check on the switch and see if you have it. Thanks
  17. B

MTD - Columbia

I am looking for the right-side handlebar and the locking knob for the same. This is the for the Earls fork that uses two separate bars that can be raised or lowered to adjust the height. Used in the early 70s by MTD and Columbia. I also need the original Lucas style taillight lenes. And the...