Search results

1. JTsmks

Son's intro

My son asked for a profile here and I figured it would be OK since most here are kind hearted and not of the "mean" variety. He's under the name Jagboy and has a very nice Manco Thunderbird we rescued and restored from the ground up (6.5 clone) and a DB30. He'll be along sometime today I'm...
  2. JTsmks

Clone throttle question

OK, I've got a new 6.5 HF, Lifan clone and I pulled the air box off to look at how to hook up my throttle when it's mounted and I noticed that in the "idle" position the black butterfly on top of the carb is in the WOT position and when I move the throttle arm to WOT nothing really moves. At...
  3. JTsmks

Looking for site

Someone recently had posted a thread about a gas tank working or not and a member posted a link to a site with a "whizzer" style tank and some really cool mini bike/chopper parts. I can't find the thread and failed to bookmark it:doah:. Does anyone recollect the site? Thanks for any help.
  4. JTsmks

Quick bolt/clone ?

What size thread is the on the shaft end of the HF 6.5 (Lifan) also does anyone know the threads of the holes on the block (4) where the shaft comes out? Knowing before a hardware run will make life easier...thanks
  5. JTsmks

Manco T-Bird chain/sprocket ??

Me and my son are re-doing a Manco t-bird and It had an old Tecumsh 3.5 and 420 chain on it but now we're putting a 6.5 clone on it and I need to order a new clutch/chain for it. Will a 41 chain work with a 3/4 shaft clutch...is the rear sprocket compatable to that ? Thanks in advance.
  6. JTsmks

Son's hooked...lotsa Q's on Manco T-bird

My son got his DB30 for his 12th B-day about 3 weeks ago and now has bought a Manco T-bird w/an old 3HP Briggs Sears engine on it. I'd like to keep the old school engine on it as it needs help and will make a great learning experiance for him to bring this thing up right. Q1..the governer...
  7. JTsmks

Doodle trouble

Hi all, my son's DB30 has been going strong for about two weeks and just today it started to make a strange "wirring" sound at idle and then it tries to move forward while at idle. Does this sound like the clutch or maybe something with the governer? It's a stock set-up with the set screw...
  8. JTsmks

Engine search

My son arrives tonight and will get his Doodlebug in the following days and after some research I've come to the conclusion that the engine will definitely need to be replaced. I've done a lot of looking around locally as well as on line/e-bay and I find (without appearing snobbish) that I...
  9. JTsmks

Help with ID

I looked at this frame locally the other day and was wondering if it is a specific brand. The engine plate is kind of butchered and the forks are stiff with no action + the rear wheel is kind of hap-hazardly spaced. Any ideas or is it of kit/homemade origin.
  10. JTsmks

New and need a little help.

Hi all! I just bought my son a DB30 at Pepboys and before I even put it together I'd like to seriously think of swapping the engine out. I've done some reading here and I'm somewhat confused. I'm a avid car/bike hobbyist and also a Flight Engineer + A&P mechanic so I'm not intimidated by...