Search results

1. J

Coleman RT200 not running

Yes. The key fits and everything, I went to put the new jackshaft (pictured) in the assembly and it went right in through the bearings and came out on the drivetrain side. But when I tried to fit the sprockets on the jackshaft they would not fit and it feels like it’s literally .5 mm worth that...
  2. J

ok so the new jack shaft came in…but the diameter is like, maybe 1/64 an inch bigger than the sprocket and so it won’t fit. Do I need new sprockets??
  3. J

Shoot well I already ordered the new jackshaft. Does a torque kit come with the jackshaft?
  4. J

So this would be what I should buy?
  5. J

Yes key sorry
  6. J

Ik it’s dirty I’m gonna clean it all up, but I’m guessing my set screw should probably be the whole length of that groove…
  7. J

Ok thank you I’m going to try this out tn
  8. J

I’m located in Bozeman MT. Yea it’s hard to describe. The engine runs perfectly like it starts right up with the choke open and then I close it like I normally would to drive and still it runs great when I give it gas and revs up. Both chains are on front one spins, but the back one doesn’t...
  9. J

Ok cool thank you as well for the diagram. Do you think if this isn’t the problem it will most likely be the choke?
  10. J

How would I check for that?
  11. J

Im near Bozeman. Ok I think I might try this route cuz the chains are on fine and they’re even spinning fine so it’s not them. It just feels like something is not engaging and when I first had this problem when riding it that’s what it felt like, something disengaging and not being able to...
  12. J

https://youtube.com/shorts/Hx7KNt382bU?si=NcCAr4pnw24rtvrI here’s the link for the video I just posted of it running, sorry for the inactivity I put it away for winter as I live in Montana and don’t have a garage to work on it.
  13. J

Is that just that silver nut on the driveshaft? I have that tightened properly and just oiled it like these guys suggested
  14. J

Ok so this worked like barely revving it, but as soon as I tried to start riding around it sounds like something is almost catching internally and the whole thing kinda like jumps. It feels like it’s just revving when I gas it. And it makes a bad sound I wish I could post a video of it because...
  15. J

I just did because I wanted to but yes I did get it new
  16. J

I’ll give that a try tomorrow thank you guys. Do I have to take the whole engine apart for that? I’m willing to cause I want to learn more about it but like I said this is really the first engine I’ve attempted to work on.
  17. J

Yea the smaller drive chain moves when pushed and also when in choke. I actually replaced the new carburetor with the old one and changed the oil just before posting this to see if that was the problem. Clean fuel was coming out when I changed the carb.
  18. J

No they are both on, it will idle in choke just fine, but then when I flip the toggle to run it makes a grinding like sound. Im assuming its something internal, but I don’t have a ton of knowledge on engines as this is the first one I’ve ever really worked on
  19. J

RT200* if that matters
  20. J

I bought a Coleman BT200 over the summer and have been loving it. Have replaced the chain and carburetor and oil after riding for awhile. Just recently I was riding around town and it felt like the engine seized and stopped running. It will run in choke, but when I switch it to fully run the...