Search results

1. GASOLINE

Cheeftah 1300 Rebirth!

Cheeftah 1300 Rebirth! Pictures. Frame repairs welded, blue paint now, clutch brake, and 72t sprocket, CAST IRON big flywheel Kohler K91 (Man, that engine will start with one pull anytime!) and a repo Bonanza seat, from my old BC1300. It lives again. It's the mini that my daughter's 11 year...
  2. GASOLINE

Still Rupping!!

We took the Cheeftah 1300 and 71 Rupp Roadster-2 along with us to Thunder Hill Raceway Park in country like Willows California. We rolled around the grounds, but mostly the large pits. This thing attracts a lot of attention even at a race track. We're riding!:thumbsup:
  3. GASOLINE

Cheeftah Crashed Into Police Car

You can't make this stuff up! My daughters friend Sonia came off a side street following me and lost control and WFOed into the drivers door of a parked unmarked 2006 Impala Police Car. She plowed it! She was wearing a good helmet but suffered road rash and was quite shaken up. Her parents...
  4. GASOLINE

Anca Riding Mini Bike "clip"

Hi Vintage Mini Bike Guys! Anca edited this and we thinks it's fun! I've been a busy guy lately, and I'm less one old cool Bonanza mini bike, but still have two others to play with. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  5. GASOLINE

Suspended Bonanza running!

Here it is! I've jumped the curbs and terrorized the streets a little on this a few times. It's about 85% complete. Scuttled the linkage for go-kart stuff and removed the govenor on the 5hp Briggs Fun Power. I've got a custom megaphone exhaust in the works. It will be flush with the apex of...
  6. GASOLINE

My Nasty Wards-

Look at this evil brat. It is the only mini bike out of four that I rebuilt this year that I've sold. It was so high centered. Terribly mis-geared. And, had a blue flame throwing vintage H35 go kart motor. I flipped it twice just starting it, and spun it out bad enough to decide to sell it...
  7. GASOLINE

Bonanza fork boots. Hemi. 5hp Motor

The fork boots are actually hot rod plug wire covers off a 392 blown gasser hemi engine. I cut about 1" of pointy stuff off that snugged around the plug wires. I like them. Fortunately, my friend Barry had a straight axle 41 Willy's Coupe with that engine, sans two plug covers now.. The...
  8. GASOLINE

Briggs Fun Power Bonanza progress

After a week or so of waiting on parts and watching kids, and redoing some things over and over until getting it right, I finally got this Fun Power flat-head Briggs running very good. It has a pulse-jet carburetor which is a little weird. And, way too much governor. The new recoil fit right...
  9. GASOLINE

Indian on Bonanza

Yes, he sure talks tough while dressed like an American Indian scout. Says he can't wait for the Fun Power Briggs to be ready. Says the Bonanza is all his. Tells that to everyone who will listen. He also, moved a bunch of my leftover home projects wood into the front yard in a pretty good...
  10. GASOLINE

Bonanza BC 1200/1300 with paint and shocks

The rear shocks are not correct, but are the correct 10" length. Affordable and OK for now. Soon I'll have the Go-Power wheels and Jumbo Jr. tires mounted with gold and gloss coated original Bendix brake and optional trail sprocket. Looks pretty good.
  11. GASOLINE

My 1st Briggs 5hp Fun Power?

I bought a complete 5hp Briggs Fun Power online for $100. It's got a big exhaust sticking up. I understand they put these on Fun Karts. I'm using it for my Bonanza project. Are these solid little engines?
  12. GASOLINE

See, The Death Trap Trike!

This monstrosity has hurt every single person who has ever dared to ride it! It's got a 6.5 Tec ohv, a TAV-2, an agressively geared jack-jack, racing kart rain tires, a puny 4" skinny wheel up front for "conrol?" and very needed wheelie bars. I've crashed this bastard into the side of my old...
  13. GASOLINE

Chunking the bad scene down for Rat's Ass

I just wanted some of you readers to know that I will leave my mini bike project in the middle of the dam road in front of my house if I feel like it, so that I can look at it while drinking a bottle of suds in my garage. Or, leave it atop my wife's mini van for hours and hours, even if she...
  14. GASOLINE

Anyone use a Comet 20 Series TC?

The TAV-2 TC has a 2200 rpm engagement that just launches everything into space when it grabs! It can be very fun or un-fun. I called Comet and now have a part# for a spring that will bring it down to 1400rpm, which seems reasonable, but no one will sell just one spring. The Comet 20 Seires...
  15. GASOLINE

Painted 1967 Bonanza Frame

I had a busy Saturday afternoon with this. It's painted GM 1968 Corvette Lemans Blue, mixed as a DuPont Chroma Base Coat and Euro Quick Clear toppings. It's not the stock color, but I liked it a lot.:thumbsup: I'm just a home garage-guy painter, but I use quality materials. I'm going to...
  16. GASOLINE

Bonanza BC 1300 T gearing/jack-shaft?

I'd like some gear repalcement information, because I had to destroy my frozen jack-shaft to remove it :hack:. It had a 20t driving a 10t to the optional trail gear on Jumbo Jr. tires. I've seen 16t to 18t driving 12t kits on ebay. Does anyone know if this ratio is similiar? Thanks for your...
  17. GASOLINE

Spreading the OldMiniBikes infection

I just wanted to share that my 11 year old daughther's best friend, Sonia reluctantly got premission from her parents to ride our mini bikes. I gave her the operating run down, a helmet, a little OldMiniBikes talk, and then she was off down the road breaking the laws!! It was a lot of fun!:thumbsup...
  18. GASOLINE

Bonanza Blue paint code?

Anyone know how to get that cool blue mixed?
  19. GASOLINE

My 71 Dodge Van/Inside!

Sorry I screwed up the 1st post.. OK, It's a 1971 Sportsman B100, 318 V8, 94 Crown Vic wheels, sway bars, side piped, cool yellow Dogde Van; driving it for 15 years! Not tired of it yet. It's never been and not, a hippie van! Inside: A 1967 Bonanza BC1300! General Jumbo Jr. tires in great...
  20. GASOLINE

Look What's in my 1971 Dodge Van!

I picked it up at lunch today. And, I'm hungry now.