14x6 Coker Trials Tires - How many would you buy????

Ding Ding

These tires are a great replacement for many of the 6" wheel bikes, however, unfortunately Coker is not making them at the moment....

I talked to Windber Jeff M., and he said he will not pull the trigger on having them made again until he has an order of at least 200 tires.

I personally would probably buy 6 tires, and I'm sure there are many people out there that would also buy a set or two.

So, the question is: If these were available how many would you buy?

I'm doing what little I can to get these made again as I have restorations in need.

Mike

Ding Ding

Thanks for the replies guys. Even at just 14 tires, that's already 28% of the apparent required number to have Jeff place an order.

If anyone else is wanting to get these tires, please chime in. I hope to relay this information to Jeff in an effort to get these tires made.

Thank you!

Ding Ding

I do not know how much Jeff would sell them for. Coker sells them direct for $52.00, I assume Jeff would sell them for slightly more in order to make some money.

Thanks for the replies guys. Even at just 14 tires, that's already 28% of the apparent required number to have Jeff place an order.
Thank you!
Since when is 14 tires 28% of 200 tires? LOL (It is actually only 7%) While I commend and applaud your efforts, I think it will be a real challenge to get a 200 tire commitment from our OldMiniBikes brothers and sisters at the high price those tires will most likely sell for.
Michael

Ding Ding

Since when is 14 tires 28% of 200 tires? LOL (It is actually only 7%) While I commend and applaud your efforts, I think it will be a real challenge to get a 200 tire commitment from our OldMiniBikes brothers and sisters at the high price those tires will most likely sell for.
Michael
You are correct it is actually 7%, my bad. But that's still 7% in 24 hours, which is a good start. I have no doubt it will be a challenge, but this method is much more practical than hoping and praying Coker magically starts making them again. (I tried...and it hasn't worked yet:wink:)

For what it's worth, Black Widow Motorsports was previously selling them for $59.99 when in stock, Route21 trading for $62.99 I don't consider that a high price considering the quality of tire you get and the alternatives available.

For what it's worth, Black Widow Motorsports was previously selling them for $59.99 when in stock, Route21 trading for $62.99 I don't consider that a high price considering the quality of tire you get and the alternatives available.
Absolutely no debate from me that these tires are top quality and worth it for those that NEED, WANT, (and can AFFORD) them! What I have learned over the years on this forum is that (most) members will not pony up that kind of $$ on the their (predominately) daily rider bikes.
Just my .02 cents- Really and truly I hope that you ARE successful in your venture...
Michael

Hent

If these were available everyone would buy 5 sets. (10 tires). Until they hear the price, and then shipping.

Then money becomes tight, and no one wants even one set of tires. This would need to be a pre-paid deal for sure and it would take a long time for everyone to get lined up and make it happen.

How many are willing to Pre-pay and wait?

Hent

And how long are you willing to part with your money until the other 198 tires are pre-paid for, made and shipped out before you get upset?

Ding Ding

After inquiring further, Jeff says he needs an order of 500 tires. I don't know how it went from 200 to 500, but whatever.

I was optimistic about this being a possibility at 200 tires, not so much at 500. :sad: