1967 rupp continental front forks help needed n repairs

I have started restoring a 67 rupp continental that has been sitting for 25 years n a garage. All original all in great shape except front forks . Problem is I can't seem to even loosen besides remove the front fork springs and whatever else is in there that may be part of the assembly. If anyone has any good ideas on how to remove these without replacing the entire fork assembly I'd be very greatful for the help. Thanks everyone.

after removing the retaining bolts the lowers should come out with the springs attached. Did you pull the lowers off of the springs? Did you first remove the retaining bolts?

Yes I did remove retaining bolts first. The lowers didn't come out or off with springs attached. Think it's became rusted in or maybe just to much dirt n gunk or something. I did try to clean any debris I could out but those springs are really in there. Would a torch to heat it up and something to pry n pull them out work or would the heat be to damaging? Any advice is helpful thanks. Really don't wanna replace entire setup.

Okay so I finally got the springs to come out. Good beating off the hammer n rust buster broke it free. Now is there supposed to be anything between the forks and springs to attach the two or does spring connect directly to the lowers?...they wasn't attached from start of project so I'm not completely sure.

my forks are later and springs are attached to the end of the fork by a circular groove in a plug crimped to the end. If you look at the 67 parts catalog. it looks like there is a plug that goes between the spring and lower leg. I dont know if it is a tight fit or not but someone on here should know, maybe markus or evil ed.

Link 1967 Rupp Minibike Part # Catalog

I'll try n post a pic of what I have but now I'm wondering if I'm holding a 67 or 69 lol...it looks like the spring once fit into grooves of lowers but I don't see where that end of the lower has anything crimped. Probably better if I just post a pic an yall can see it. Thanks much.

GORDIN82, HOW'S IT GOIN? Looks like it's been a year or since your front shock issues. I am having similar issues with my '67 Continental and was wondering how you came out. Can you tell me the overall length of the springs? How do the springs attach to the upper and lower plugs? Once you are ready to re-assemble them is there a lubrication process to use? Mine are stuck in the fork as well. One side came out with the lower plug and about 2 3/4" of spring. The other side has the lower plug and spring stuck in the fork. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I did remove retaining bolts first. The lowers didn't come out or off with springs attached. Think it's became rusted in or maybe just to much dirt n gunk or something. I did try to clean any debris I could out but those springs are really in there. Would a torch to heat it up and something to pry n pull them out work or would the heat be to damaging? Any advice is helpful thanks. Really don't wanna replace entire setup.

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk