1969 The Cat mini bike 250x PHX AZ

45t

Seems like a good price. I believe the indented kickstand mount says its a 1970 or newer? Wonder what the serial number says?

Seems like a good price. I believe the indented kickstand mount says its a 1970 or newer? Wonder what the serial number says?
LOL, maybe I should be clicking around this site more. That is the frame I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

The seat is particle board, and upholstered with nails bent over. The front forks are pretzeled and too x'd up to straighten. The rear wheel has had about 3/4" sawed off and is unusable. One of the rear axle supports is gone, and another patch glob-welded over the top.

The engine pan is bent all over the place with numerous stress cracks, including the hole ends, one foot peg is missing, and it's mount is cracked almost in half.

There is no serial number anywhere on this bike, yet it looks to be a 72 and later 2501.

For two weeks, I have been practicing my welding on this, ordered that ebay set of forks, replaced the axle support, rewelded the peg support and made a new .75 peg, rewelded all cracks, and right now, it has 45t's 3.5 Tech sitting in the frame! LOL! :scooter:

When I saw it, I was going to walk away, but since I drove 4 hours to get it....I got it for $40 and it was no great deal. Should be on the road in another couple of weeks and $$$ later. The only thing I kept from the purchase was the frame. The rest is in the trash.

45t

LOL, maybe I should be clicking around this site more. That is the frame I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

The seat is particle board, and upholstered with nails bent over. The front forks are pretzeled and too x'd up to straighten. The rear wheel has had about 3/4" sawed off and is unusable. One of the rear axle supports is gone, and another patch glob-welded over the top.

The engine pan is bent all over the place with numerous stress cracks, including the hole ends, one foot peg is missing, and it's mount is cracked almost in half.

There is no serial number anywhere on this bike, yet it looks to be a 72 and later 2501.

For two weeks, I have been practicing my welding on this, ordered that ebay set of forks, replaced the axle support, rewelded the peg support and made a new .75 peg, rewelded all cracks, and right now, it has 45t's 3.5 Tech sitting in the frame! LOL! :scooter:

When I saw it, I was going to walk away, but since I drove 4 hours to get it....I got it for $40 and it was no great deal. Should be on the road in another couple of weeks and $$$ later. The only thing I kept from the purchase was the frame. The rest is in the trash.
The serial # will be on the front right hand corner of the engine mounting plate (the side of the engine plate that is missing the peg). The first # in the serial # indicates the year. You might have to lightly sand off the layers of paint to reveil the #'s.

The serial # will be on the front right hand corner of the engine mounting plate (the side of the engine plate that is missing the peg). The first # in the serial # indicates the year. You might have to lightly sand off the layers of paint to reveil the #'s.
Yeah, S/N is gone. Either ground off for nefarious purposes, (I hope not) or during one of the many welding jobs on the plate.

Here's link to the frame mentioned in the OP with the Tech sitting in it.