1970 fox sprite

Good luck finding 'new' original parts for any Fox bike, much less a Sprite. If you have a good roller, consider yourself lucky. Spend some time at OldMiniBikes Warehouse looking for what you need. Ask the Grey Goat if you need assistance!

Most of the Fox bikes I've seen/remember had pentagon shaped engine plates and different style fold-up pegs. Is that incorrect?
I now have two. One is the older version which has the pentagon mount and the pegs like yours, and it has a jack shaft. The newer version I have has a peg mount sticking out from the frame a little more foreward. The peg mounts are semi circular and short. The pivot hole is drilled at about a 45 degree angle from the ground so that the peg can come up and back and minimize it being snatched by the ground (better for brave lean angles). And the peg itself is a stamped curved shape, repros are found on ebay. The newer one also has a mechanical caliper utilizing the sprocket as a rotor. I plan to make the older one a restored cruiser and the later model a resto mod. From what I can tell with research they are both Sprites. I came here searching threads to see if my newer one actually had a different model name than Sprite. I would hate to call it by the wrong name.

I now have two. One is the older version which has the pentagon mount and the pegs like yours, and it has a jack shaft. The newer version I have has a peg mount sticking out from the frame a little more foreward. The peg mounts are semi circular and short. The pivot hole is drilled at about a 45 degree angle from the ground so that the peg can come up and back and minimize it being snatched by the ground (better for brave lean angles). And the peg itself is a stamped curved shape, repros are found on ebay. The newer one also has a mechanical caliper utilizing the sprocket as a rotor. I plan to make the older one a restored cruiser and the later model a resto mod. From what I can tell with research they are both Sprites. I came here searching threads to see if my newer one actually had a different model name than Sprite. I would hate to call it by the wrong name.
I was advised by someone here on the forum that mine is either a '68 or '69. The tell is the foot pegs.
There should be a Fox sticker on the neck. Mine was painted over several times. IMG_20170730_110735sm.jpg