1970 Rupp Scrambler

I'm not working on it right this second, but I consider it a project. Picked it up at the Hot Dog Hut show this year in May for my birthday. I actually made a deal with Dad that if I got it down to $300 I could get it. Finally by the end of the show, the man selling it put a sign on it that said "make offer" (bike was originally priced at $550) and I simply walked up and said "dude, will you take $300?" and fortunately, he did. Needs a bit of work done like the wheels and some engine work. I'm gonna use it as a nice trail rider and I'm in no interest of restoration. Most likely gonna paint it black/silver and have fun with it.

Just a small update. I obtained a new rear wheel that is correct for the bike (the original was bent) and I will have pictures of it off and on the bike as soon as I get it.

Nice bike!:thumbsup:
What holds the kickstand in the "up" position (spring, clip, or ?) to the frame? Does anybody have a picture of it?
Michael

oldfatguy

Nice bike!:thumbsup:
What holds the kickstand in the "up" position (spring, clip, or ?) to the frame? Does anybody have a picture of it?
Michael
just the spring tension of it trying to pinch together. plus there are notches on the bottom sides of the engine mounting plate that it catches on .

markus

and make sure that the edges of the frame where the kickstand wears against when it comes down and where it rests in both up and down position are dressed and the wear corrected or you'll be really bummed when the bike falls over! $2500-3000 resto on the last bike I bought and they forgot to correct that :doah: know I know when I bought it why the guy had it leaning against the house and not up on the stand :crying: