1971 MTD HS-50 exhaust

So I was finally able to locate the missing parts I was looking for to resurrect my MTD mini bike.

Big thanks goes out to Capguncowboy for spotting the Ebay link. I was able to buy both parts I've been looking for. Belt cover and correct exhaust, even the chrome extension pipe.

Bummer as the exhaust pipe is bent and the flange is warped. I'm having junk luck on the exhaust part of this build.

I'm also missing the belt cover engine mount bracket. I suppose I could fab one up.

delray

mtd/texas ranger bikes seem to be really hard to find. I have never seen one in white with red letters. only silver with black letters.
by the way that torque converter cover is the second design. the very early 70's are little different...........:thumbsup:

mtd/texas ranger bikes seem to be really hard to find. I have never seen one in white with red letters. only silver with black letters.
by the way that torque converter cover is the second design. the very early 70's are little different...........:thumbsup:
Hey that's good to know I've found some really rare parts, even though they're not %100 correct for my bike.

Himm I thought all of these "MTD" belt covers were the same. Learn something every day. I've never even heard of a Texas Ranger Patriot mini bike model before.

I attempted to straighten the Taylor pipe yesterday without heat, I know better. Today I'll take it to work with me.