1974 Alsport Tri Sport rebuild

Hi everyone,

I found this site while looking for any/all info I could get on my 74 Alsport Trisport that I bought in Florida in 1978.

I rode it for a few years, and the last time I was in Chicago. I have hauled it around with me all these years planning on

rebuilding it someday and that day started 94 days ago, LOL.

Life kinda kept me from it and now that I am not working full time I am finally back at my project. Before it went into storage

I had changed it to run on a motorcycle engine. Now, I am doing a heavy modification since I purchased a wrecked kawasaki

ninja race bike with a water cooled engine.

I'm going from 400 HP to 600 HP. I like speed. But, the frame of the Tri Sport had to be beefed up in the engine support

and the rear end, so I am going to show a pic of what it looked like when I bought it and a few of the new as I get them

on my computer to upload.

I am looking for others who may be currently owners and possibly avenues of getting certain parts and info. My trike had

the Vin# stamped into part of the frame that was a bar that went over the top of the engine. When I changed the engine

I had to cut that bar out and lost it somewhere.

I know the ones that were suppose to be go carts just went by the engine plate on the Tecumseh engine or was it the

Kohler? Any help would be great.

Good to be here. Hope to talk with others soon.

Last edited:

pomfish

I am hoping you meant 400cc to 600cc because there is no way you have a 600 hp ninja engine.
Anyway welcome to the site, I am sure there are some members with Alsport's who may be able to help you.
Later,

Keith