1974 Honda QA50

TCT,

That is a beautiful bike. I have four QA50's - all in need of complete restoration. Three are K0's - circa 1970-1972 models (two Sprout Green and one Gypsy Yellow). The fourth is a K2 1974 model (Candy Orange).

Yours appears to be a K3 1975 model. That was the last year of production for the QA50. Check your VIN to be sure. If it is in the following format, it's a K3 1975 : QA50-4XXXXXX

Also, the K3 1975 model had a Mars Orange tank with black graphics. The K2 1974 model was Candy Orange (metal flake in paint) with white tank graphics.

Now.....your mileage may vary. Many times people restore these things with whatever paint, graphics and fenders they are able to come up with......so, yours may be a 1974 - dressed up to look like a 1975! The only way to know is to look at the VIN.

Anyway, SWEET bike. I surely hope my QA's will look even half that good whenever I get around to restoring them. Congrats on an awesome find!

This link is an excellent guide to QA50 identification:

Click here: Honda QA50 50cc Motorcycles

Resto

Resto, Thanks for the link. I think it is a 73? The number looks like it starts with a 2, kind of hard to tell frame was powder coated. The motor starts with a 2 for sure.

Most definitely a K1 (1973 model), if the VIN is in the QA50-2XXXXXX format.

All of the QA50's from K1 thru K3 look the same except for paint color, tank graphics and fender graphics (color-coded stickers that were on the top surface of the fenders). Additionally, all of the K1 thru K3 models have the chrome strip around the tank and have white fenders.

The base coat/clear coat paint of the K3 is much easier to do than the candy paint found on the K1 and K2 models, so it's not too unusual that someone took the path of least resistance and used K3 paint and tank graphics. Unless the VIN was checked, nobody would know if yours was a K1 (1973) or a K3 (1975).

Yours is an extremely nice example, no matter what year model it is!!

Enjoy it !