1991 Honda CT70 / Rupp Scrambler

Hello everyone, new mini bike user here. I've been looking online at Honda CT70's and some other knockoffs and was hoping for some buying advice. I found a 1991 CT70 on craigslist in my area for $1600. I'm not willing to spend that much but I was still wondering what the bike is worth.

Here's the info:

"1991 Honda CT70

condition: good
engine displacement (CC): 70
fuel: gas
odometer: 478
paint color: red
title status: rebuilt
transmission: automatic

I have a Honda CT70 I'm selling
Great little bike for beginners or a pit bike, its street legal and can do 40mph
petcock and carb have recently been rebuild bike is running great
Bike does have some spots where the paint is chipping on the external case, it has very minimal where for its age.
I'm asking 1600. OBO if you have any questions shoot me a text or give me a call

Open to trades just text or email me a picture of what you have, needs to be worth 2k and im always willing to do trade plus cash either way, If I like what you have
Thanks, for reading"
-------------

Another option would be a knockoff Rupp Trail 90 Scrambler (purple rain color, pink maybe) on craigslist for 1200.

Both are pretty pricey; going to talk them down, but let me know what everyone thinks.

Thanks folks,
Luke

Last edited:

bruces

That ct70 in nice condition is the best of the ct70's to ride .It has a 12 volt system so the lighting is better ,and the suspension is the improved versions of the old bikes .Price depends on condition but everything there looks good for the money .Other than it not having the chrome of the older bikes ,hands down the best parts of the ct70's .

Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah I have been eager to ride but know very little about motorcycles.. Always looking to learn. Is it a big deal about the petcock and carb being rebuilt? That's my only concern, and also being able to resell for a decent price

bruces

Carbs are getting ruined by the crappy gas we have ,so there is nothing wrong with having them rebuilt ,and the petcock has orings in it that dry out so no red flag there either .Ct70 prices are rising for the later models ,somebody just got $3500.00 for a 1978 if I am not mistaken ,those numbers are still a little ways away for a 1990's model but it will happen probably sooner than we think .

Carbs are getting ruined by the crappy gas we have ,so there is nothing wrong with having them rebuilt ,and the petcock has orings in it that dry out so no red flag there either .Ct70 prices are rising for the later models ,somebody just got $3500.00 for a 1978 if I am not mistaken ,those numbers are still a little ways away for a 1990's model but it will happen probably sooner than we think .
Thanks for the advice, I think I'm gonna make an offer.. hopefully I'll snag her and post a couple pics sometime soon!